Profile: Dianna Albanese ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Dianna Albanese

Graduation Year: Dec. 2016

Major: Public Relations

Minor: Computer Applications and Digital Media Design

Question: What organizations and clubs have you been involved with at Hofstra?

Answer: I’ve been a member of Hofstra’s radio station, 88.7 FM WRHU, since the fall semester of my freshman year. I’ve held two management roles and have mainly been involved in the Sports Department. I engineer and produce for multiple Hofstra sports as well as the New York Islanders.

Q: What are your plans for after graduation, this December?

A: I started job hunting a little early this semester, so I’m fortunate enough to say that I will be starting a full-time public relations position after graduation beginning in the first week of the new year!

Q: Favorite Hofstra memory?

A: Hofstra hosted a huge radio conference last summer and select members of WRHU were able to meet tons of well-known broadcasters. More specifically, we were able to help Mike Francesa broadcast his show from our studios and speak on air, too! It was awesome.

Q: Have any tips or keys to surviving college?

A: 1. Have fun, but be smart. Those freshman year C’s could have been avoided by going to bed instead of hanging out with new friends until 4 in the morning on a school night. 2. Coffee.

Q: As a senior, do you have any advice for freshman, as they go through college?

A: Try EVERYTHING – classes, clubs, campus events, etc. – even if it only interests you a little bit. I took a public relations class as a Journalism major, fell in love and decided to switch my major. You never know what will click, and you don’t want to end up unhappy because you settled.

Jessica is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Hofstra University's Her Campus Chapter. Jessica, from New Jersey, is a journalism major and psychology minor at Hofstra University. As a dedicated member of her college's Her Campus chapter since her freshman year, she has held the role of staff writer, Snapshot editor, Secretary and now CC. Outside of Her Campus, Jessica's publications include JeannineMorris.com, TheCelebrityCafe.com, FashionWeek.com, The Hofstra Chronicle and the Long Island Report, where she is also a student editor. In her spare time Jessica enjoys being outdoors, camping and hiking, snowboarding in the winter, hitting the Jersey Shore beaches in the summer, working out and spending time with her friends, family, and pets. Check out her fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog at http://Jessie-Leigh.com.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.