Profile: Amanda Bahn ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Name: Amanda Bahn

Year: Junior

Hometown: New York, New York

Major/Minors: Community Health Major

What made you decide to come to Hofstra?

I decided to come to Hofstra because of how I felt when I toured the campus. I had a sense of purpose and belonging here.

Best class you’ve taken at Hofstra? 

The best class I took at Hofstra was a major elective called Violence in Community, Family, and Children. The professor, Susan Paraspolo, structured the class in a unique way that really help the information stay with the students.

Favorite book?

My favorite book would have to be One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.

What’s your strangest talent?

My strangest talent is that I’m good at Tetris and puzzles of that nature.

Most unique hobby?

My most unique hobby is gardening and not having a more unique hobby.

How do you cope with stress?

I cope with stress by cleaning and sleeping, often for hours on end.

If they made a film of your life, who would you want to play you?

If a film was made about my life, I would want Lizzy Caplan to play me.

Who inspires you the most?

I am hugely inspired by Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the wonderful Karla Bradley.

I'm a senior Theatre Arts Production major at Hofstra University. I'm almost always at rehearsal, reading plays, seeing plays, blogging about plays, or fangirling over plays. My likes include giraffes, Britney Spears, American history and coffee.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.