Profile: Abby Canaletich ’20

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Name: Abby Canaletich

Year: Freshman 

Major: Biology, Pre-Physician’s Assistant in the 5-year direct entry program

Hometown: Smithtown, Long Island

Q: What clubs and organizations are you involved in?

A: I’m in the PA club, AMWA which is the American Medical Women’s Association, and Delta Gamma sorority.

Q: What made you chose your major?

A: In junior year of high school I shadowed at a pediatrician’s office with PA students who went to Hofstra, and they told me about the direct entry program. It was too good to turn down.

Q: Where’s your favorite place to eat on campus?

A: Despite everyone loving HofUSA, my favorite place is probably Au Bon Pain because it’s right near a lot of my classes and they have my favorite chips!

Q: What’s your favorite thing to do in your free time?

A: I’m so busy with school work, so sometimes just laying down is really nice, but I do love hanging out with my sisters.

Q: What’s your favorite Hofstra memory?

A: One of my favorite memories was when I was with all of my new sisters and we were all hanging out in Stuy just goofing off together.

Gia Tims

Hofstra '20

Gia is a double major in journalism and Italian at Hofstra University. She is obsessed with yoga, pugs, Friends and Target runs. Gia loves writing and hopes to live in NYC one day to fulfill her dream of becoming a journalist! Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @giatims