“Private Time” is Going To Be Next Big Hit of 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

This year has already been a huge hit for music with songs such as Cardi B’s “Bodak Yellow”, Taylor Swift’s “Look What You Made Me Do”, and many more. But I predict the next big song of the year will be Sophie Simmon’s collaboration with Cesqeaux, “Private Time.” The song was newly released on October 12th and is available on iTunes and on streaming platforms everywhere.

The name Sophie Tweed-Simmons should not be unfamiliar to you as she is the daughter of bass guitarist and co-lead singer Gene Simmons of the band Kiss. Sophie was also on the show X-Factor as a contestant in 2012. Since her appearance on X-Factor, her voice has definitely grown, as shown in this collaboration. 

Cesqeaux, a Dutch producer and DJ, is not new the music industry and has been releasing music since 2012. Prior to his collaboration with Sophie, Cesqeaux partnered with other artists such as Yellow Claw, David Guetta, and Afrojack, to name a few. 

In the last few weeks, the song has already reached over 65,000 streams from Spotify. While it is too soon to see the ratings on iTunes, I have a feeling this song will be the next hot dance single. It has an extremely catchy beat with a sexy hook that will make you never want to stop dancing. Sophia’s voice adds a sensual quality to the song and blends well with Cesqeaux’s—It’s almost as if this song was just meant to be. “Private Time” is an extremely modern hit that fits into the current pop music scene but is also refreshing.

What’s next for Sophie? Maybe a solo album! I wouldn’t be surprised if Sophia’s career takes off after this hit single.  

“Private Time” is out on streaming platforms and on iTunes now!

I am a Video/Television and Film major with a Journalism Minor who is passionate about animals, movies, television, music, beaches and hiking. I enjoy spending time with my friends and going on adventures whether it is hiking or just taking a road trip.