Oscar Nominated Movies to Watch!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

The Oscars are coming up soon which means one thing: it’s time to binge watch the nominated movies. TheGoldKnight.com created a fantastic checklist to prepare for the Oscars, but for those of us who can’t complete that checklist or watch the Best Picture Showcase at AMC Theaters, here are just a few suggestions!

Dramas: The Theory of Everything and Boyhood

Comedies: The Grand Budapest Hotel and Birdman

Action: American Sniper

Sci-Fy & Fantasies: Maleficent and Interstellar

Documentaries: The Imitation Game and Selma

Musical: Into the Woods

Animated: Big Hero 6

I wish I could binge watch every single nominated movie before the Oscars, but for now I just can’t wait to watch and see who wins!

Aspiring journalist at Hofstra University with a passion for pop culture and music.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!