This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Fall is one of the best seasons. Really, is there anything better than fall in the northeast? I don’t think so. The red, orange and yellow leaves, the crisp cool air, the clothes and, obviously, the festivals! Just when you thought festival season was over, I’m here to let you know you’ve had it all wrong this whole time. As far as festivals go, fall is where it’s at.

Autumn is known for having some really awesome festivals. Whether you’re looking for music, beer, or just a good old fashioned Harvest Fest, October’s got you covered. Here’s just a few of the incredible festivals happening around NYC this season!  

The Meadows, October 1

Brought to you by the creators of The Governors Ball, The Meadows is an arts & music festival featuring the top names in hip hop, indie rock and more. This year’s performers include Kanye, The Weeknd and The 1975.

Roots Picnic, October 1

Held in Bryant Park, the Roots have put together the ultimate music filled weekend. They bring together everyone from John Mayer, to X Ambassadors, to the Wu Tang Clan. I’m pretty sure you won’t want to miss this one.

Grub Street Food Festival, October 1

A self proclaimed “eating-and-drinking extravaganza,” the Grub Street Food Festival takes over Hester Street in the Lower East Side to bring you all of the incredible cuisine NYC is known for, in one spot.

Upper Broadway Harvest Festival, October 2

For those of us who love a free event (but really, who doesn’t?), the Upper Broadway Harvest Festival is a fun way to get into the fall spirit.

The New Yorker Festival, October 7-9

Organized by the New Yorker itself, this festival gathers the “who’s who of the arts, politics, and everything in between.” Featuring talks with Keegan-Michael Key, Daniel Craig and Mr. Robot himself and Christian Slater, to name a few, this is one of the hottest cultural events in NYC.

New York Food & Wine Festival, October 13-16

This one’s for the true foodies out there! Put together by Food Network and the Cooking Channel, the Food & Wine Festival brings together the world’s leading culinary greats, as well as your favorite TV chefs. Here’s lookin at you Giada! Just think of all the delicious food you’ll be consuming while fighting to end hunger!

NYC Craft Beer Fall Festival, October 14-15

Boasting the title of largest selection of seasonal beers, ciders, and meads in NYC, the Craft Beer Festival is a one stop shop for all things liquor. Whether you’re a beer connoisseur or just looking for an excuse to drink all day, your time will absolutely be well spent.

Open House New York, October 15-16

Although this isn’t technically a festival, it’s definitely something you’ll want to know about. Open House New York opens up the doors to just about everything the city has to offer and the best part is…it’s FREE! Be sure to check out the full list of participating sites available October 5.

New York Film Festival, September 30-October 16

Think of this as the ultimate movie marathon, except it goes on for 17 days! NYFF cultivates the best of the best in the world of film. With special Q&As for certain films, this festival delivers a more interactive viewing experience.

New York Television Festival, October 24-29

Consider yourself a bit of a TV aficionado? NYTF is a week-long festival full of screenings, panels, and talkbacks with the industry’s leading creators and stars. This year’s lineup includes Lena Dunham, MTV, HBO and Ali Wentworth!

New York Comedy Festival, November 1-6

Love a good comedy show? Well the New York Comedy Festival brings you five full days of the best comedians in the business. The lineup includes Trevor Noah, Tracey Morgan, Bill Maher and more!

Victoria is a Houston native who obsessed with all things fashion, food, music, and TV. She is a marketing student at Hofstra University who enjoys reading fashion blogs and magazines, and checking out the latest museum exhibit in NYC. Victoria’s favorite things to do are travel, explore NYC, attend concerts, and of course shop and eat (preferably in the same day). Victoria loves sharing her advice and experiences with you and hopes you enjoy them too!
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.