My #HerConference Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

This weekend I had the great opportunity to attend HerConference in NYC!

Everyone I talked to agreed that this was a great experience so if you didn’t attend, here’s a quick insight on what happened and hopefully I’ll see you there next year!

First, we were welcomed with a customized lanyard and HerCampus goodie bag!

Fact: I could not wait to get home and find out what was in the bag! My favorite item is probably the free class to SoulCycle!

Next, we were given a yummy breakfast. I spent this time sitting with two other girls I met on the subway. They both went to school in Virginia and won a free Amtrak ride to the conference!

It was surreal to know that everyone at this conference had one thing in common and that was writing for HerCampus.

Now it’s time for the speakers. They were the most valuable and inspirational people at the conference. (I attended day 2 of the conference.)

The morning keynote speaker was Lisa Arbetter, Editor of People StyleWatch. She used her life experience to give advice on how to act and what to do at a job or internship so you can stand out!

Afterwards everyone was able to attend various panel sessions, each were one hour long.

#chipotleismylife

Yes for lunch, we had unlimited Chipotle! That means, no extra charge for guac.

I had fun creating my own chicken bowl and spent this free time meeting other girls.

HerConference exposed me to many networking opportunities with great professionals in fashion & beauty industry. Workers from Cosmopolitan, US Weekly, Buzzfeed, BirchBox, Seventeen, Rent the Runway and more were all present ready to talk to us, college girls!

Cristina is a Journalism student at Hofstra University. She enjoys expanding her knowledge in various fields and minors in information technology, graphic design, and global studies. On her free time, she enjoys blogging about fashion and beauty and one day hopes to use her bilingual skills to contribute to the growing hispanic U.S. market. During Spring 2016, Cristina studied abroad in Europe and strongly believes in all countries learning and working together. For more of Cristina's check out her lifestyle blog, www.byteoffashion.com or follow her on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/byteoffashion/
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.