Must See Monday: 5 Films to Look Forward to in 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.
2016 so far hasn’t disappointed in the television department or film department and it’s only going up from here. With a slew of anticipated movies coming out this year, these are my top five to be pumped about!

Hello My Name is Doris (March 11)
Indie films tend to have some of the best performances of an actor’s career and an often relatable story. Staring Sally Field, her character Doris restarts her life and finds herself attracted to a younger co-worker, New Girl’s Max Greenfield.

Captain America: Civil War (May 6)
One of my personal favorites, the Marvel Cinematic Universe never seems to disappoint. Putting Captain America and Iron Man against each other and practically cumulating into another Avengers movie, this is a must see!

Neighbors 2 (May 20)
It’s so nice to see Zac Efron in roles more suited to his age. Not only is he a gorgeous human specimen, but he’s actually a pretty good actor when he’s given “adult” material. This sequel sure won’t be a let down. What else can be better than Seth Rogen, Zac Efron and Rose Byrne against a sorority?

Ghostbusters (July 15)
So much controversy has been surrounding this film ever since the trailer came out, which is sad because this film looks hella funny. This is the ultimate female dream cast and I can’t wait for it to shut people up with how good it will be!

Bridget Jones’ Baby (September 16)
A sequel I never thought would happen, Patrick Dempsey joins the cast as a potential suitor for Bridget Jones opposite Colin Firth. I’m sure this film will pay homage to why we all fell in reason with Bridget Jones in the first place.
Video/Television Major here at Hofstra. Screenwriting. Summer. Music. TV Addict. Amateur Chef. Surfer. Writer. Die-hard Mets fan.Would rather be at the beach!Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.