This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Happy Monday, Her Campus! Spring break may be over for Hofstra students, but never fear! Here’s some music to get you back into the swing of spring.

Pop

I Hear a Song / Dami Im

Dami Im rose to fame in 2013 on Season 5 of “The X Factor Australia,” which she would ultimately end up winning. She was selected to represent Australia in 2016’s Eurovision Song Contest, where she won second place. And now she has recorded another album full of classic pop hits like “Feeling Good” (above) as well as original songs . . . and her voice quite literally gives me chills. Dami Im’s I Hear a Song came out March 23.

Staying at Tamara’s / George Ezra

If you’re like me prior to writing this article, your only exposure to George Ezra has been his 2014 single “Budapest.” So let me just say, if you liked “Budapest,” you’ll love “Paradise” (above), off the 24-year-old singer-songwriter’s lastest album Staying at Tamara’s. Check it out wherever you get your music, starting March 23.

Expectations / Hayley Kiyoko

You might recognize Hayley Kiyoko as Stella from the Disney Channel Original Movie Lemonade Mouth, or from one of her many other acting credits: Scooby-Doo!, Wizards of Waverly Place, Jem and the Holograms, CSI: Cyber . . . the list goes on. But you may not know that Kiyoko, also a successful singer-songwriter, has become an icon for the LGBTQ+ community over the past few years. If “Feelings” (above) doesn’t convince you why fans are head-over-heels for Hayley, check out her other singles off Expectations, “Sleepover,” “Curious” and “Let It Be.” This album comes out March 30.

Yesterday Was Forever / Kate Nash

Kate Nash crowdfunded this album using Kickstarter, so you already know she’s continuing to make music her own way. “Life in Pink” (above) is the most recent single from Yesterday Was Forever and deals with a sentiment every college student has felt at some time or another: “Well I wish that I could take you to another time / When everything was cool and my mental health / Was fine.” Yesterday Was Forever is scheduled for release on March 30.

Rock

Space Gun / Guided by Voices

“That’s Good” (above), off Guided by Voices’ new album Space Gun, excellently showcases founder Robert Pollard’s affinity for uncommon chord progressions and strange combinations of lyrics. Space Gun is already receiving praise from critics and fans alike, and came out March 23.

R&B/Soul

Sex & Cigarettes / Toni Braxton

R&B starlet Toni Braxton’s latest LP Sex & Cigarettes is a fair bit more sultry than her perennial hit “Un-Break My Heart,” but there’s still plenty of longing and heartache to be found. For proof, just take a listen to “Long As I Live” (above)! Sex & Cigarettes was released on March 23.

Alternative

Boarding House Reach / Jack White

Jack White is a force of nature. To be completely honest, “Corporation” (above) is probably not the best preview of Boarding House Reach, but it’s so darn fun and clearly references White’s rock roots. (I have also been writing an essay about Das Kapital all week, so the song’s title got me.) Try listening to the swoopy, spacey “Connected By Love” as well, along with the rest of Boarding House Reach, which dropped March 23.

Twentytwo in Blue / Sunflower Bean

SXSW darlings Sunflower Bean are hot off the Austin stage with Twentytwo in Blue, which features such folky hits as “I Was a Fool” (above), “Crisis Fest” and “Twentytwo.” See why music critics are fawning over this up-and-coming band— and why you should be too! Twentytwo in Blue is available everywhere starting March 23.

Dirt / Yamantaka // Sonic Titan

Since Hofstra’s been on spring break, I spent the past week at home with my family, so you have them to thank for this track. “Hungry Ghost” (above), off Yamantaka // Sonic Titan’s new album Dirt, is as far as I can tell, typical YST: they’re an experimental Canadian music collective. The ethereal instrumentation in “Hungry Ghost” contrasts with the slightly grittier “Someplace,” but both are blown away by the metal-esque “Yandere.” So check out Dirt starting March 23: everyone will find something they like on this grab bag of mixed genres.

Virtue / The Voidz

I already mentioned my Karl Marx essay, right? Well, “ALieNNatioN” (above) is not only a club-friendly, pro-refugee song from Julian Casablancas’ group The Voidz: it’s also a term Marx uses to talk about estranged labor. But seriously, if you like The Strokes, check out The Voidz—Virtue is out Mar. 30.

Combat Sports / The Vaccines

English indie-punk band The Vaccines are back after a three year hiatus with Combat Sports, which lead singer Justin Hayward-Young perfectly described as “brash, bold, rock and roll songs that mix melancholy and euphoria.” Listen to “Put It On a T-Shirt” (above) while you wait for Combat Sports’ March 30 release.

Vessel / Frankie Cosmos

Warning: the music video for “Apathy” (above) is really strange. I’m not sure why, but Frankie Cosmos’ music is categorized as ‘Alternative’ for a reason . . . Greta Kline’s music is infectious and thoughtful at the same time, and her album Vessel is out March 30.

Country

Golden Hour / Kacey Musgraves

Kacey Musgraves is not your average country singer. Her major label debut, 2013’s Same Trailer Different Park, won the Grammy for Best Country Album, and her progressive lyrics were hailed as representing the new generation of country music fans. Watch Musgraves perform “Space Cowboy” (above) on The Tonight Show, and then listen to her other singles “Butterflies” and “High Horse” to tide you over until Golden Hour drops March 30.

And as always, here’s the Spotify playlist for music fans on the go. Happy spring, Her Campus!

Elizabeth Turley is a sophomore from Connecticut. She is a journalism major at Hofstra and plans to triple-minor in sociology, math and integrated media. Her favorite things include sunflowers, crossword puzzles and dogs.