Meet the E-Board: Sarah Hanlon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Sarah Hanlon, Secretary

Year: Junior

Major/Minor: Journalism major, Writing Studies minor

Hometown: Hamburg, PA

How long have you been involved with Her Campus?

Her Campus was the very first club I joined freshman year! Needless to say, it was a great decision. 

What is your favorite Her Campus memory?

My favorite Her Campus memory was our Dream Job Panel from the Spring 2017 semester. It was so inspiring and motivating to hear from HC Hofstra alums who are living their dreams in New York City. It really lit a fire under me and made me so excited for my future. 

What other clubs are you involved with on campus?

I’m also a member of Zeta Phi Eta, the pre-professional fraternity for Communications, where I’ve been the Social Media Co-Chair and currently serve as the Recruitment Co-Chair. I also write for The Hofstra Chronicle

What current or previous internships have you had?

I’m currently a Social Media Intern for TULA, a probiotic skincare company located in Manhattan, so my skin has been extra glowy this semester! Last year, I was a Social Media and Editorial Intern for Coming Up Roses, a lifestyle blog based out of Philadelphia. 

Do you have any hobbies?

When I have free time, I love blogging about everything from fashion and beauty to college life (find my blog here!), shopping online (it’s a bad habit), hanging out with my friends, having Instagram photo shoots, and going to every single Starbucks within a reasonable distance of me. 

What’s your dream job?

My ultimate dream job is to be the Editor in Chief of a magazine – I want to be a nice version of Miranda Priestly. I’ve also always dreamed of owning my own line of girly desk accessories, paper goods, and fashion accessories…kind of like the brand Lauren Conrad has created! 

Fun fact about you?

Speaking of Lauren Conrad, I was lucky enough to meet her at a book signing two years ago! We were wearing the same shoes, so needless to say my life was made at that exact moment.