Meet the E-Board: Naledi Ushe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Naledi Ushe, Vice President​

Year: December 2017

Major/Minor: Journalism major, Sociology minor

Hometown: Clifton Park, NY

How long have you been involved with Her Campus?

I joined Her Campus my second semester freshman year and it has quite possibly been the best decision I’ve made in college.

What is your favorite Her Campus memory?

Oh man, there are so many. I think my favorite memory is consistently every semester when we get new girls who join, ask questions, are passionate and forever leave an impression on me. And as cheesy as it sounds I like the few minutes before our meetings start where our e-board and the first few people who arrive share the most bizarre only at Hofstra moments that we’ve had. Everyone is honestly hilarious.

What current or previous internships have you had?

My current internship is with TV Guide Magazine as an editorial intern. Previously I did summer correspondence with babe.net, I was a social media intern for Galvanized Media and my first internship was with Alliance For Women in the Media.

Do you have any hobbies?

Besides the obvious of writing, I love to dance, spend time with my adorable nephew even though he only laughs at 50% of my jokes, workout, hang out with my best friends, travel, enjoy the outdoors and can I say the season fall is my hobby?

What’s your dream job?

I change this answer every time I try something new but ultimately I’d love to be an editor and work on social media for an online magazine in New York City that is in the realm of entertainment and possibly lifestyle – that would be surreal.

Fun fact about you?

My first flight was at 3 months old and now I’ve been to 16 countries and over 30 major cities. I guess my fun fact relating to this is I have yet to see a complete takeoff because I always fall asleep and don’t wake up until after I’m in the clouds.