This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

A lot goes into building a Her Campus chapter. There are the writers who keep content fresh and exciting for our readers. The social media team that make our Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, and Facebook pages stand out on your news feed. And let’s not forget about the PR, marketing, digital design, events, and photography positions that have helped to take our chapter to the next level. We cannot wait to share with all of you the amazing team that we have for the 2016-17 school year, but let’s begin by introducing the Her Campus Hofstra E-Board. 

President: Hailey Oliveri

Hailey has been our chapter president since Spring of 2015. She has made becoming a Pink level chapter possible and we have seen tremendous growth because of the work that she puts in. She’s helped to get the chapter involved with Her Campus events on a national level, including College Fashion Week and Her Conference, and has worked to develop our editorial team. Here are a few other things you should know about Hailey.

Hometown: Wethersfield, CT

Major: Journalism

Past Positons: Snapshot Editor

Involvement Outside of Her Campus: Personnel Director for WRHU, Ed2010

Internship Experience: Currently interning with The Brooklyn Nets.

In the past, she has interned with Cox Media Group.

Fun Fact: She’s a huge music fan and has traveled to Warped Tour several summers in a row but also enjoys country music. 

Vice President: Devon Preston

Devon has been the Vice President of Her Campus Hofstra since Spring of 2015. She has kept the chapter organized and continues to facilitate blog content. Here are some things about Devon.

Hometown: Burlington, Vermont

Major: Journalism

Past Experience: Staff Writer

Involvement Outside of Her Campus: Power Lifting Team, Ed2010

Internship Experience: Currently interning with BUST Magazine.

In the past, she has interned with J Hadley Jewelry, Offbeat Bride, and Inked Magazine.

Fun Fact: She’s obsessed with her cat Pearl.

Secretary: Jessica Harrington

Jess has been this chapter’s secretary since Spring of 2016. She records the events of every meeting and sends out notes on what is going on within the chapter. Here is more about Jess.

Hometown: South Jersey

Major: Journalism

Past Positions: Snapshot Editor

Involvement Outside of Her Campus: Resident Assistant in Bill of Rights, Ed2010

Internship Experience: Currently interning with Michelle New York.

In the past, she has worked for Celebrity Cafe, Fashionweek.com, and Manna Design Works.

Fun Fact: She may be interested in fashion, but she also loves to dirt bike. 

Treasurer: Raven Takach

Raven has been the treasurer since Spring of 2015. She organizes the chapter’s finances and budgets spending for the events that we put on per semester. Let’s get to know Raven. 

Hometown: Fair Lawn, New Jersey

Major: Accounting

Past Positions: Social Media Editor

Involvement Outside of Her Campus: President of the Accounting Society. 

Internship Experience: Plans to intern with Grant Thornton.

In the past, she has interned with Express Scripts Inc.

Fun Fact: She’s a huge fan of the movie and musical, Grease

Studying Abroad in Firenze, Italy. Current Vice President and Blog Mentor of Her Campus Hofstra. Contributing Writer and Intern at Inked Magazine. A writer of all things body modification, beards, veganism, and feminism related.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.