Man Crush Monday: Jared Candelaria

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Name: Jared Candelaria

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Year: 2020

Hometown: Bronx, New York

Campus Involvement: Resident Safety Representative (RSR), Model UN, Rock Climbing Club

If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for?

If I had to make any activity an Olympic sport I’d probably win in a medal, I would pick video games.

If you knew you would never fail, what would you do?

Unite the world under one government to solve the worlds problems.

What are you most likely to become famous for?

One of the first people to step foot on Mars.

How would you describe yourself in one word?

Charismatic

What is a quote you live by?

“We’ve always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments — these moments when we dared to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known — we count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all of that. Or perhaps, we’ve just forgotten that we are still pioneers, that we’ve barely begun, and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us — that our destiny lies above us.” -Cooper, Interstellar

What TV show best describes your life?

Mad Men

What is your favorite Hofstra memory?

Meeting the friends that I made at Hofstra, that I continue to have today.

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Chocolate/Vanilla

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Working as an engineer at Boeing/NASA

What is your dream job?

Astronaut

Images courtesy of Jared Candelaria

Abby is a senior journalism major and writing studies minor at Hofstra University. At Her Campus Hofstra, she previously held the positions of Vice President and Social Media Director before becoming co-Campus Correspondent. Abby was a social media intern at BeautyRx, a skin care company based in Manhattan, and an editorial intern at Skincare.com, which is owned and operated by L'Oréal Paris.
Sarah Hanlon is a senior at Hofstra University where she is pursuing a major in journalism. She almost always has an iced coffee in her hand, and she's an avid lover of online shopping, reality TV, and New York City. When she’s not researching all things Kate Middleton or reading lifestyle blogs, you can find her binge watching The Bachelor or writing about the latest pop culture, fashion and beauty trends. After college, she hopes to make a career out of her love for TV and style in New York. Follow her on Twitter or Instagram: sarahhanlon_.