Man Crush Monday: Andrew Alter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Name: Andrew (Michael) Alter

Major: Political Science, Minor in Criminology and Sociology

Year: Junior

Hometown: Peachtree City, Georgia

Campus Involvement: Center for University Advising, Hofstra’s Peace Action Matters Club, The Long Island Peace Fellowship, Hofstra Quidditch, and Hofstra Speech + Debate Team

What is your dream job?

I’d like to work for a non-profit organization dedicated to fighting racial discrimination in our education system and in our courtrooms.

If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?

Alonzo.

What TV character is most like you?

Probably Tom Haverford from Parks and Rec. I’m just not as cool as I think I am.

If you could get coffee with anyone who would it be?

Dead or Alive? Dead it would be Kurt Vonnegut and alive it would be Tupac.   

What is your ideal vacation?

I’d rent a big cabin style house in the mountains, with a huge fireplace and a whole bunch of rugs and a nice view. And I’d just hang out, drink some hot chocolate, maybe do some reading, watch some movies, look out the windows. Really just be as cozy as possible, and have no obligations. I’d cut off my phone and computer and everything, and just chill.

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Rainbow sherbet.

What is your favorite Hofstra memory?

I like to take walks around South Campus really late at night at like 3-4 a.m. when it’s quiet and I can just wander around alone. One time I went for a walk around 4 and I got really excited because I thought I found like 7-8 Hofcats. They were raccoons though.

What is your favorite holiday?

Thanksgiving. I love turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, mac n’ cheese. The whole family gathered around, all wearing sweaters. And every person has to say one thing they’re grateful for, which is nice.

How would you describe yourself in one word?

Elephant

What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you?

I was at Dutch Treats one time with a group of friends and they burnt this girl’s pizza and then I fell in love, so I guess I’m pretty lucky they burnt her pizza.

Photos courtesy of Andrew Alter

Abby is a senior journalism major and writing studies minor at Hofstra University. At Her Campus Hofstra, she previously held the positions of Vice President and Social Media Director before becoming co-Campus Correspondent. Abby was a social media intern at BeautyRx, a skin care company based in Manhattan, and an editorial intern at Skincare.com, which is owned and operated by L'Oréal Paris.
Sarah Hanlon is a senior at Hofstra University where she is pursuing a major in journalism. She almost always has an iced coffee in her hand, and she's an avid lover of online shopping, reality TV, and New York City. When she’s not researching all things Kate Middleton or reading lifestyle blogs, you can find her binge watching The Bachelor or writing about the latest pop culture, fashion and beauty trends. After college, she hopes to make a career out of her love for TV and style in New York. Follow her on Twitter or Instagram: sarahhanlon_.