NAME: Lauren Guldner

AGE: 19

CLASS STANDING: Junior

MAJOR: Accounting

HOMETOWN: San Jose, CA

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single

INVOLVEMENT AT HOFSTRA: I’m a member of the sorority Alpha Theta Beta and the business honors society, Beta Gamma Sigma. I am also treasurer of In the Lines so you all should come to our Thursday meetings.

HOBBIES: In the summer I do a lot of bike riding and kayaking. But during this time of year I usually watch football and hang out with my friends.

FUN FACT: I have never been to Taco Bell. Whenever I tell people that they look at me like I have two heads.

FAVORITE FOOD: When it comes to eating, I don’t really discriminate. I love so many types of food that it’s so hard to pick just one. When I lived in California the Mexican food and the sushi were out of this world! But since I’ve moved to Long Island, bagels and Chinese food have taken bigger spots in my heart.

DO YOU HAVE ANY INTERESTING NICKNAMES: When I was younger, my father used to call me pumpkin head. I honestly have no idea why. I don’t consider my head to be orange or pumpkin shaped, but it just stuck.

PET PEEVES: I really hate it when people walk slow af on the unispan. Even if I’m not going anywhere specific, I’d just prefer not to walk at a pace of 0.2 mph. Also, those hover board thingies are starting to annoy me.

CELEB CRUSH: My first celebrity crush was Will Smith in his Fresh Prince days, but who didn’t love him? Now that I have gotten into watching Mad Men, I’ve been obsessing over Jon Hamm. Anyone that looks good in a suit, really.

WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY: A sense of humor is a must. I love surrounding myself with people that make me laugh. Also, I appreciate when someone can continue a conversation. When I have to pull teeth just to talk with a guy it makes me feel like talking with him is an actual chore.

WORST DATE: A few months ago I went on a date with a guy that I met through a mutual friend. We went out to dinner and our entire conversation was solely about him. He went on and on about his likes, dislikes, aspirations in life and whatever else he could think of about himself. I felt like I was interviewing him for a job. The waiter asked me more about myself then my date did.

IDEAL DATE: I’ve always wanted to go go-cart racing on a date. Either that or go to an amusement park for a day. I love the adrenaline rush that you get from roller coasters.

WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 5 YEARS: Definitely working in New York City. I see myself focusing more on finding a career at that age than anything else. I don’t want to rush anything in my life when it comes to relationships, kids, or marriage. During my early twenties I want to focus on myself more and hopefully everything else just falls into place eventually.

ROLE MODEL: It sounds really cliché but my mother is most definitely my role model. She supports herself and she does not need to rely on anyone. She’s probably the baddest b*tch that I’ve ever met in my life.

ONE PLACE YOU WANT TO TRAVEL TO: I would love to go to Thailand. Some of my AOB sisters went recently and their pictures made me incredibly jealous. I feel like it would be such a great experience to backpack through the country and see all of the beautiful architecture and scenery.

Currently a Sophomore at Hofstra University working towards a BA in Journalism, with a minor in Sociology. In the past Clare has worked for the non-profit Plan USA to help run youth advocacy programs and has worked to promote youth governance and youth empowerment in social activism. After graduation, Clare hopes to work for Buzzfeed (fingers crossed) or another online news source. She is looking for her big break in life with the least amount of mistakes on the journey there.