Last Minute Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Halloween is quickly approaching and if you are one of those people who wait until the last minute to find a costume. Or if you don’t want to spend a lot of money on a costume. Here are some easy and affordable do it yourself Halloween costume ideas!

Social Butterfly

What you will need for this costume is a black top, and black legging or pants. Print out social media icons and safety pin them to your shirt. For butterfly antennas, use a black headband and hot glue black pipe cleaners onto your headband. For your wings, you can either buy them for a low price at Walmart or make your own out of cardboard or felt. This costume idea also works as a group costume. You and your friends can dress up as different social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.)

Strawberry Costume

Get any red shirt preferably a long t-shirt. To make the seeds, use plain white paper and cut out small tear drop shapes. Hot glue the tear drops onto your red shirt. To make the stem, get a paper cupcake holder to use as the base, the cut out green leaves and a stem using construction and hot glue them onto the cupcake holder

Kim Possible

This is probably the easiest last minute costume! Most of the things you need for this costume you can find right in your closet! You’re going to need a black long sleeve crop top, black gloves, green pants, a brown belt, and combat boots.

Sandy from Grease

All you need for this costume are black leather pants, an off-the-shoulder short sleeve top, a leather jacket, and red heels (or flats if you don’t like wearing heels) To complete your costume wear red lipstick and curl your hair to better achieve Sandy’s look!

Wednesday Adams

This is another super easy costume that you can throw on before going out with your friends for Halloween. You will need a white button up to put underneath a black shirt, you will also need a black skirt, black tights, and black high knee socks.

I am junior at Georgia State University, majoring in Journalism with a concentration in Public Relations and a minoring in Marketing. I hold executive positions in two organizations on campus: Director of Public Relations for EmpowHER and Vice President of Her Campus Georgia State Chapter Outside of school, I am Director of Public Relations/Marketing of AREA, Atlanta's Resource for Entertainment and Arts; along with being a part of the professional performing ensemble at AREA. In my free time, I write for my lifestyle blog, As Told By Tay.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.