This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Kevin Alfred

Class Year: 2017Age: 19Major: Design

Hobbies: Soccer, Swimming, Reading, Just hanging with friends

Have you heard of HerCampus before: No I haven’t

How do you feel about being considered a campus cutie: I’m still not completely sure what this means, but I guess I’m glad I was chosen.

Since Valentine’s Day is coming up, do you love it or hate it: Hate it, I feel like it’s just an excuse for people to buy things for their significant other when they should be acting that way the every day of the year.

How would you try to gain attention of that special someone: I would go up to her and swoon her with my charm. No, but seriously I would just be honest with them and if the feelings aren’t mutual so be it.

Quality you look out for in a significant other: She has to be funny and understand my sense of humor, but at the same time know when she needs to be serious.  Being active and having a great personality would be nice too. 

Where do you see yourself in 15 years: Hopefully married with a nice family and a great job living a very comfortable life.

Who do you look up to: My father, he started from nothing. He was the first one in his family to be born and to live in the United States. Nobody believed he would graduate high school let alone college and he proved them wrong.  He now owns a business and is doing well.  He literally started from the bottom and had nothing and has accomplished so much.

Why is Hofstra University important to you: Hofstra is important to me, because I’ve met a lot of friends over the past year and half here, both students and staff. These relationships have changed my life for the better.

Why did you choose to attend college: I don’t really have a reason other than studying things I have interests in and hopefully finding a job I have a passion for.

Will you be promoting HerCampus: Yes, I will be telling my friends about HerCampus. It has a lot of interesting articles that I think they would enjoy.

Any message you want to leave for the HerCampus readers: Keep on checking in I am sure there will be many more interesting things posted here.

Current sophomore at Hofstra University majoring in journalism.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!