Keegan Bedinger ‘14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

This week’s Campus Celeb is a jack-of-all-trades: an RA in the Netherlands, a rock star intern and she’s even a section editor here at Her Campus Hofstra! Senior journalism major Keegan Bedinger does it all without breaking a sweat, but with lots of hummus.

Why did you choose to come to Hofstra?

I knew I wanted to be close to a city and once I saw the school of communication at Hofstra, I knew!

What are you involved in on campus?

On campus I’m in RA in the Netherlands, a section editor for Her Campus, and a staff member of WRHU.

What is your favorite part about being an RA?

Being an RA has been such an eye-opening journey for me. My favorite part has been the life-long friends I’ve made. I had no idea that becoming an RA would mean meeting some of my best friends. Hofstra wouldn’t be the same without them!

You interned at the Rachael Ray show this semester. What was that like?

Being at Rachael was a blast! I loved being on a live set and learning how a show comes together. I want a career that’s exiting and changes everyday, and that’s exactly how working on the show was. Plus, Rachael’s food was amazing; I ate leftovers all the time!

You’re set to do another awesome internship this summer at Live with Kelly and Michael. How did it feel when you found out you got it?

Not gonna lie, I freaked out. I have been watching the show for forever and to become part of it is really is a dream come true.

You’ve got a lot going on. How do you balance everything so well?

Balance is tricky but I’ve learned that listening to yourself is key. If I’m feeling stressed I’ll take a couple hours off and hang out with my friends or drive to the beach. When all else fails, I stress eat. Pretty soon Sabra is going to go out of business on account of my stress.

Do you have any advice for other students looking to land cool internships?

Be open to try new things. You might think you’re interested in one thing but it is SO important to be open-minded and go with the flow in any business. Work hard, make connections, and don’t forget to have fun!

What do you want to do after graduation?

Take a nap. Haha just kidding! I’m ready to jump right into work. Hopefully I’ll be working in the production department of a show like Rachael or Live with Kelly and Michael. I can’t wait to tackle my next adventure!

Brianna is a proud Long Islander finishing her graduate journalism degree here at Hofstra. The East Meadow native wears many hats on campus, including Assistant News Director at WRHU, Grad Assistant at the Center for Civic Engagement and of course Treasurer here at Her Campus Hofstra! Brianna is currently interning at Fox News. But until she can go set the journalism world on fire, she’ll just have to settle for planning adventures abroad, binge watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix and commiserating about her beloved New York Jets. Follow her on Twitter at @BriannaBorresen!
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!