Junior Profile: David Zago

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Major: English Education

Year: Junior

Why did you choose to come to Hofstra?
I was told by a friend of mine that the education department was a great program to be a part of since I want to teach.

Why did you choose your major?
I have always had a passion for reading, so I figured why not pass on my passion to future generations.

Plans after graduation?
After graduation I want to teach for a while and then go back to school and obtain my masters and possibly higher.

How do you balance the social and academic aspects of college?
I am not sure how I am able to balance my social and academic life. It’s challenging, but it takes practice. But I would recommend investing in a calendar.

A class at Hofstra that you would recommend anyone to take?
I am not sure if I can recommend a class at Hofstra, only because being an English Education major, I feel like no one besides English majors would enjoy my enthusiasm for an English class.

Favorite professor at Hofstra?
It is only my first full year here, so I feel as though I haven’t experienced enough teachers to say I have a favorite, but so far every professor that I have encountered has been pretty amazing.

Grace Gavilanes is a rising junior at Hofstra University majoring in English and Journalism. She hopes to pursue a career in Journalism and, eventually, in English Education. Grace is super driven and has many goals that she is positive will be made into reality. This Queens native enjoys drinking bubble tea and dancing in the rain!
Kaitlin Cubria is a senior Public Relations major at Hofstra University, double minoring in Journalism, and Speech Communications & Rhetorical Studies. Born and raised in Staten Island, NY, Kaitlin always loved going into Manhattan on the weekends. She is a member of the Hofstra chapters of both Ed2010 and Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), the vice president of She's the First Hofstra (non-profit) and acts as a Resident Assistant for Hofstra’s Residential Programs. Outside of her academics, Kaitlin recently finished internships at Hearst Magazines Public Relations, The CW Television Network Affiliate WPIX11 in the Creative Services division AND at New York Magazine. This semester, she has her dream internship at Seventeen magazine in the Web/Features department, where she is the Blog Manager for Seventeen.com's Freshman 15 blog! She is obsessed with pop culture; if you don’t see her reading the newest issue of Seventeen, you’ll probably catch her browsing PerezHilton.com for celebrity gossip. After having a love for both creativity and writing for a majority of her life, Kaitlin is excited to continue her communications/journalism experience at Her Campus! After college, she plans on pursuing a career in either entertainment public relations or magazine journalism.