etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

It’s okay to go home for spring break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Not everyone is interested in going out, going to a beach, or traveling for spring break. Whether you live 20 or 2,000 miles away, going home might be just what the doctor ordered for the next week! Here are some reasons why its okay to go home for spring break.

Spending time with family

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

The first thing that I really love about going home is the fact that I get to see all my family members and my animals. Having to leave home to go to school was great and all, but it also had its downfalls. It’s okay to just want to be home! 

I like to use this time during spring break to catch up on what I have missed at home and to get some quality time with my parents and siblings.

Relax and take care of yourself

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

While traveling can seem really exciting, in reality, it’s just really tiring. After a long first half of the semester, you may not want to deal with that stress. If you go home, the only thing you have to worry about is which couch you’re going to fall asleep on next! Use this time to give your mind and body a little TLC. Put on a face mask, draw a bubble bath, and find a good book! You can also catch up on lost sleep and relieve some stress.

Also, now is the time to catch up on all those Netflix series and movies you’ve been dying to watch.

Spend time with old friends

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

If you live far away and happen to have the same spring break as your friends, this may be a sign that you need to catch up! Although you make great friends in college, your childhood friends miss you, too! Plan a girls’ night, a movie night, or even just a spa day. Your mind and body will thank you!

Save money

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

Week-long vacations on a sunny beach aren’t always ideal for your bank account. As always, us college students, we don’t have that much money to begin with. Sacrificing this spring break to save for another more exciting trip in the future might be what you need to do in order to stay on top of other finances as well.  

Catch up on some homework

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay 

I know it’s not going to be as fun as you would like it to be, but you can use this time to catch up or get ahead on some of your work. You can also use this time to get ahead of the game for the rest of the semester! It will make it all that much easier when you get back to school. 

Keep doing all of the things you say your going to do “when you get time”

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

Everyone says, “I really want to do ____ when I get a second.” You can fill in that blank. Whether you want to start a bullet journal, start painting, or even start a blog— now is your chance! You have a whole week with no plans, fill them with things you say you want to do.

I hope these were enough to persuade you that it is okay to go home for spring break! 

Hannah is currently a junior journalism major and graphic design minor at Hofstra University. She's a small town girl from Vermont who moved to the big city with high hopes and nowhere near enough money. Hannah has a big heart for animals, writing, designing, and Netflix. She is an aspiring journalist who's bucket list includes traveling around the world and working in the magazine industry.