This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

When Depop and Poshmark sellers and online thrift shops aren’t quite cutting it anymore and you need some more inspo, look no further: Instagram fashion resellers are the untapped world of thrifting potential that you didn’t know you needed. From major Y2K vibes to dainty, beautiful vintage pieces, these resellers have the best collections of curated items for any aesthetic (and dare I say, might be in possession of your next e-thrift purchase?

RebelliousButterfly (Brookie)

I’ve been following her for awhile just because her outfits are absolutely fire and give me all the Y2K inspo I could literally ever need, and after awhile I was excited to see that she also curates very Y2K-inspired clothing items! She promotes them on her Instagram page, and you can find her on Depop. She’s got over 10k on Instagram (as she should), as well as 12k on Depop. Numbers aside, if you want unique, retro Y2K pieces, she’s your gal.

ThriftedGemsz

ThriftedGemsz is one of my newer Instagram thrift shop obsessions, and I actually found them on Depop when I was on the hunt for a corset (you know the vibes). Not only did I find a beautiful white one that was just my size, I also snagged a super cute retro-looking sweaterdress and got to talk to the owner, Alyssa, and even connected with her on Instagram, where she mainly sells her pieces. Self-described as modern and vintage items, I love the versatility of her pieces and she is one of the friendliest sellers I’ve ever met!

Casauvas

Back when I was a baby thrifter and used the app Relovv for my first e-thrifting adventures (think Poshmark/Depop mixed with Tinder, for those who never used the app), Casauvas was the first seller I’ve ever bought from. She (Lizzy, who runs the shop with Fernando) is an absolute angel, and puts so much effort into curating beautiful vintage pieces and a very clean, shoppable feed. It’s honestly one of the closest e-thrift experiences I’ve had to online shopping. Now, you can buy things directly from her Insta, as well as their website. Their shop is currently on a brief hiatus until April due to COVID, but I can’t wait for their return!

ImpulseControlVintage

If you’re like me and you love vintage accessories and shiny things, ImpulseControlVintage is one of my favorite shops on Instagram for this. It’s run by Samara, on Long Island too (yay Hofstra!), and her pieces range from earrings to bracelets to beautiful bags, and it’s all the kind of stuff you can’t really look for; it’s the pieces you find when thrifting that you just decide must be had, like they were meant for you. I don’t know if I’m just captivated by the gold, the pearls, or just her ability to find absolutely beautiful pieces, but it’s definitely a great place for statements and accents alike.

Plato’s Closet Ledgewood

I happen to be from the nearby surrounding area of this particular Plato’s Closet, but their stuff never fails to impress me whether I’m 20 minutes away at home or two hours away at school. Everyone who works there is so sweet and I love visiting their in-person store, but they are always on Instagram, in DMs and comments, answering questions about products. Not to mention they ship their coolest things from their online store, so you really don’t have to be anywhere near NJ to shop from this store. I’ve been to a few Plato’s in my days (and checked out some of their sites too), but Ledgewood has a special place in my heart and will always be one of my favorites. I mean, it’s where I found my little Dior-inspired saddle bag for $8, and my asymmetrical Car Mar jeans for $15. It doesn’t really get much better than that.

Thrifting, as a passion and hobby of mine, has had its own challenges since the pandemic started, but apps like Depop and Poshmark, as well as amazing IG sellers like those listed above still keep the thrifting scene alive, even during times when stores weren’t open. Aside from their effort, dedication and absolute talent in finding stunning pieces that make these shops possible, they are all so kind and friendly; honestly a pleasure to talk to (and buy from). If you’re looking to find more sustainable alternatives to online shopping and spending all your money to get mail (there is honestly nothing else to look forward to, I don’t blame you), consider taking a look at online thrift shops and IG resellers to quench your shopping thrist. 

Melanie is a senior journalism major at Hofstra University and an avid fashion and thrift-y gal. She also loves dogs and finds paint-by-numbers to be extremely calming. Always overdressed and has definitely had at least one cup of coffee. She is not only extremely sarcastic, but will be your own personal hypewoman if you'll let her.