This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Whether you’re spending Valentine’s Day with your best friend or boyfriend, finding the perfect gift can be a challenge. So many questions cross a collegiettes mind. Do I go with chocolates? Should I make a card? Do boys like stuffed animals?

Here are some gift ideas to make your Valentine’s Day extra sweet. 

Most Valentines Day gifts are cheesy and so commercial. But hey, if you’re into that kind of thing, stick to it! You can’t go wrong with a box of chocolates, jewelry, or a cute stuffed animal. And boys – girls always love roses!

Attending Hofstra University, we are privileged to be close to the amazing New York City! There are endless options for this year’s February 14th.

Dress up with your sweetie and have a night out on the town! Get tickets to a Broadway show – pricey, but a great gift for both of you to enjoy. The show ‘Once’ is the perfect romantic musical.

If you’re tired of sharing a twin size bed, splurge a little and book a hotel room for the special night. The two of you will definitely enjoy that king size bed!

Check out Victoria’s Secret Valentine’s Day boutique. That’s a gift that he will enjoy.

If you’re on a budget try something like cooking a cute dinner together. That can always be something special. Make heart shaped hamburgers or pizza and crack open a bottle of bubbly.

Spending this Valentine’s Day single? Instead of moping about not having a boyfriend while shoving chocolate ice cream down your throat, have a friends Valentine’s day! Celebrate your love for your bestie. Get each other your favorite sweet – macaroons anyone? A gift card to the nail salon is the perfectly priced and girly gift.  

I am an aspiring journalist studying at Hofstra University. My interests include, fashion, techno, and travel. Dirty chai is my favorite. I'm obsessed with red wine. And vegan ice cream is where it's at. xx
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!