HU Style: Winter Sweater Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

written by HC Hofstra contributor, Abigail Pynn

Stylish sweaters are staples to every girl’s winter wear. They keep you warm while staying trendy! Here are some new sweater styles for the cold months ahead.

The Cropped Sweater

This new style is proving to be very popular. You can pair a cropped sweater with high-waisted jeans, a skirt, or even shorts with tights! They are a must have for this season. You can find them in Urban Outfitters, or if you’re looking for something cheaper, Forever 21.

The High-Low Sweater

For those of you who love the high-low trend, high-low sweaters are now starting to make their appearance in stores. This sweater will look cute with just about anything. Jeans, printed leggings, scarfs, all your winter favorites! Some stores selling them now are Free People and Urban Outfitters.

The Oversized Sweater

This is the sweater that is guaranteed to keep you comfy. It’s like cuddling in a big blanket. Oversized sweaters go great with skinny jeans and your favorite winter boots.

The Statement Sweater

Animal print sweaters are in this season. Stripes have become another popular choice. Sweaters with animal heads have been selling at stores such as H&M and Kenzo. Jewel or stud accents on the shoulder are super trendy now too.

The Sweater with Cutouts

Back, sleeve, and side cutouts are making their ways into other areas of the fashion scene. Now your sweater can show off some skin. Some sweaters have shape cutouts on the back like a heart or skull.

A Boston girl living in New York, Sidney is a senior at Hofstra University double majoring in journalism and sociology. She's grown to love interviewing and feature writing after interning at  non-profits, Cosmopolitan Magazine, MTV News and the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, NC. She is the Campus Correspondent of HC Hofstra as well as an active member in the Hofstra Association of Black Journalists, Ed2010 Hofstra and the Society of Collegiate Journalists. She loves dancing with her on-campus team, Imani Dance Ensemble, and has an incurable addiction to shoes, Boston sports teams and Japanese barbeque. Follow Sidney on Twitter, @Sid_Madden!