This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Now that it is finally starting to feel like spring, it’s time to hide away your infinite collection of boots and break out the open-toed shoes! If the harsh winter put you in a daze, here are some spring shoes to get you ready for the warm weather that is quickly approaching (hopefully).

Sperry’s

Comfortable, classic, and effortless; Sperry’s are my current go-to spring shoes! They match with practically any outfit and can be dressed up or down so easily. While you can never go wrong with the authentic tan pair, spring is the perfect time to play around with the many colors and patterns they offer.

Sandals

Similar to Sperry’s, sandals are the perfect multi-purpose shoes. Dressier than flip-flops and way more comfortable than heels, sandals can be worn for just about any event! Every girl should have a go-to pair ready.

Wedges

Spring is the best time to break out your favorite pair of wedges. Being way easier to walk in than regular heels while still giving you height, wedges make every outfit better. Whether worn casually with a pair of cuffed jeans or with a cute sundress, don’t be afraid to go strappy and bold!

Flats

Flats are by far my favorite type of shoes! They are timeless while being extremely versatile. Feel free to buy the wackiest pair you can find because any pop of color looks great with a plain tee and pair of jeans.

Rain Boots

If you thought boots season was over, think again! Since we are always sure to get hit with those “April showers,” a pair of rain boots really comes in handy. A cute, bright rain boot is a classic spring essential.

Funky Heels

Now that spring is here, it is time to break out those bright, funky heels you have been hiding away all winter. If you have a special event coming up or you are just going to the bar, pastel pumps are the finest way to make a fashion statement.

Jersey girl. Senior Accounting major at Hofstra University. Treasurer for Hofstra's Her Campus chapter. Raven loves entertainment, fashion, and fitness, and has a true passion for journalism. Be sure to check out her favorite form of social media, Pinterest: /ravenjtak
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!