This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

The classic trend has made an appearance yet again! The black and white trend is wearable all year round, but has made a fast transition into this year’s fall and winter seasons. Not only are people admiring classics like Audrey Hepburn and Jackie O, they’re drawing inspiration from them and incorporating timeless pieces into their wardrobes.

This trend is not only being showcased in runway collections by designers like Alexander Wang, Rag and Bone, Derek Lam, and Chanel, but also on chic streetwalkers and underground bloggers. Black and white is a closet staple everyone must have.

Here are four different trends that make this season’s black and white trend hot and back in business:

1. Winter Whites:

This easy to assemble cost-efficient trend has been spotted on the runway on designers like Derek Lam, Proenza Schouler, and Tommy Hilfiger. Whether at your internship or just around campus, this simplistic and clean trend will be sure to turn heads. Incorporate clean lines with fitted pants, a deep v-neck top, or even a classic button-up

2. Statement Bottoms

Designers like Calvin Klein, ICB by Prabal Gurung, and Rag and Bone have styled outfits centered around statement pants like the flattering tuxedo pants, on trend leather quilted pants and skirts, and slouchy pants. Wear the fitted tuxedo pants for a chic business look; either the classic black with a white stripe or white with a black stripe, both pieces look put together especially if you add a top or blazer the same color of the base of the pants. Or if you want a more sporty chic look, try the on trend slouchy pants; this can be in a cotton dress pant style or in a classic sports style fitted jogging pants – seen in stores like H&M and Zara with leather detailing.

Don’t forget the go to staple –black skinnies! These bad boys can make any outfit look dressed down and causal or dressed up and sexy!

3. Cozy Outerwear

Spice up any outfit by adding a cozy outerwear piece. Incorporate lighter pieces like the leather moto jacket or heavier pieces like tweed blazers and military styled peacoats. Add a tartan or plaid button-up or blazer to an all-black outfit for a grunge inspired look

4. Accent Pieces

Don’t stop there; add little unexpected accessories to your outfit! Incorporating eye-catching colors to your classic black and white outfit will surely keep your look spontaneous and fresh. Sassy sunnies like oversized frames from Prada or aviators from  RayBans will add a flare to any outfit. Neon and jewel toned accents like an iPad-sized clutch or geometric infused necklaces will add some personality to your outfit. Also, incorporate your own sense of style with cool nail art in a monochromatic design or daring colors. Let’s not forget patterns! Don’t be afraid to mix patterns like vertical and horizontal strips or checkers and houndstooth.

Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!