Style > Beauty

HU Beauty: The Best Makeup for Dry Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Nowadays, shopping for makeup can be quite an overwhelming and daunting task. There is so much to choose from with all products promising to deliver that beautiful, natural and pure glow.

In particular, it is especially hard to find the right makeup if you’re one with dry skin. So, which is a best?

After weeding through quite a lot of different products, being that I am prone to dry skin myself, here is a list of the best makeup products for dry skin.

Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm

I have to confess, this is probably a favorite product of mine. This tinted moisturizer is a lightweight foundation that not only acts as a foundation, but hydrates the skin as well, giving you that radiant, natural glow. It’s dermatologist tested and has the benefits of SPF protection against UVA/B rays.  Definitely a must-have! You can order online at bobbibrowncosmetics.com.

*Helpful hint: To further enhance/hydrate skin, apply this moisturizer when your face is a little wet- open pore when the skin is wet allows the moisturizer to do its job!

Bobbi Brown Extra Face Oil

I learned this secret from a makeup artist who did a test trial for me in the department store Lord and Taylor. Instead of hopping out of the shower and putting on face cream, mix a dimes-sized worth of the face cream with Bobbi Brown Extra Face oil and apply to the face. The results: a hydrated and very soft surface. This oil is a blend of Sesame, Sweet Almond, Olive, Jojoba and Vitamin E, which conditions the face and protects the skin from environmental damage. After putting on the oil, apply a quarter-sized worth of foundation. Your makeup will go on much smoother and will last longer, avoiding the paranoia of having to reapply your bronzer throughout the day.

Benefit’s Hoola Bronzer

What’s better than savoring that “tan” look we achieve in the summer months all year round? Benefit’s Hoola Bronzer is the perfect bronzing powder that gives you that healthy look with no sparkles, or shine, another reason why it is perfect for dry skin. You can find this product at benefitcosmetics.com

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

With a blend of blend of vitamins A & E, grape seed extract and green tea, this oil-free primer is ideal to either wear under foundation or alone, to help enhance a smooth, flawlessly finished look. This product is available at Sephora and also at smashbox.com.

Too Faced Absolutely Flawless Concealer

To help get rid of face lines and puffiness under the eyes, Too Faced’s Absolutely Flawless Concealer is one product that will do that. Made with Vitamins A, E, and Chilean Tree and bark extract, this concealer is not only hides imperfections, but moisturizes as well, ideally a product that works well with dry skin. This product is available at toofaced.com

Got any beauty secrets or signature products that help hydrate your dry skin? Let us know in the comments below!

Rae Cox

Hofstra