How to Wear Leggings Everyday and Get Away With It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Leggings—the *perfect* go-to pants for college girls everywhere. There’s no doubt they’re your favorite things in your wardrobe. Whether you’re heading to class, going to work or planning on spending the day in your dorm watching Netflix, they’re always there when you need them. No ifs, ands or buts.

Plenty of girls wish they could wear their leggings all of the time, but aren’t sure how. If you’re one of them, have no fear! I’ve compiled a short list of helpful tips and tricks that you can use as a guideline for wearing your leggings every single day (and get away with it)!

1. Pay attention to your fabrics.

The thicker, the better—obviously.

2. Be bold with your pattern choices.

Leggings come in all different colors and patterns. Make the most of them!

3. But don’t forget: black leggings will always remain on top.

They really go with anything.

4. Feeling a little risky? Turn to leather.

They’re cutting-edge by nature, but professional enough to wear to the office depending on the cut.

5. Dress them up!

Be as fancy as you want by sprucing up your leggings with fabulous accessories.

6. Dress them down…

Or just throw on a comfortable t-shirt or hoodie and call it a day.

7. Layers. Layers. Layers.

They really do make all the difference. Oversized sweaters, cute dresses and all!

So, there you have it! With all of the great outfit options out there, wearing your favorite leggings every day has never been easier.

Just a college girl with a love of all animals, delicious food and *super* sappy love stories. You can probably find me in bed binge-watching crime shows on Netflix with a tub of Ben & Jerry's on hand. Phish Food, of course!HCHofstra Social Media Editor (Twitter) and Contributing Writer. Web Intern at Cosmopolitan.com, prev. Web and Features Intern at Marie Claire and The Fashion Foot.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.