This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Fall is in full swing. The air is crisp and cool. There is a bed of crackling leaves under foot. And your girl is getting some serious wear out of her faithful docs. Now while Dr. Martens may be the preferred shoe for the punk and hardcore community, even the girliest and preppiest of college girls can make then their own. With a plethora of prints, colors, and styles to choose from, there are literally a pair of Dr. Martens for each and every girl out there. Don’t believe me? Here’s how I would style Dr. Marten’s signature boots with the clothing from some of the most popular clothing stores for college women and let’s see if you can resist some of the countless ways to style docs for fall.

Brandy Melville feat. the Vonda Boots

Brandy is know as an extremely girly brand but these tall, rose printed boots give some edge to a denim dress and soft grey cardigan. 

HM feat. the Tattoo boot

Add some interest to a basic white tee and classic leather jacket with this boot patterned with Japanese traditional tattoo designs.

Dolls Kill feat. Maroon Boot

Kick up a casual outfit by bringing a little bit of punk rock to your favorite joggers and softest tee with these badass maroon boots.

American Eagle Outfitters feat. White Mono

Amp ump soft leggings and a dip-dyed cardigan with boots that are acceptable to wear after labor day.

American Apparel feat. the Pascal Hell Boot

Who says that docs can’t be dressy?! Add some glam to your go to boots with a figure hugging dress and swiss dot tights and you can easily bring your shoes from day to night.

Free People feat. Pascal Willow Boots

Even a slouchy blue sweater and basic black pants can be edgied out to the next level with these gorgeous boots patterned with 18th century English china plate patterns.

Studying Abroad in Firenze, Italy. Current Vice President and Blog Mentor of Her Campus Hofstra. Contributing Writer and Intern at Inked Magazine. A writer of all things body modification, beards, veganism, and feminism related.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.