How to Look Cute on St. Patrick’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Ever find yourself needing that perfect excuse to rock those green heels you just had to buy last month? Well with St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner, now’s your chance! There’s no need to forget your fashion sense this Tuesday when it comes to finding something festive to wear. Here are some super cute outfits for St. Patty’s Day that will have you standing out in all of the right ways!

1. Night Out

Perfect Situation Dark Green Long Sleeve Shift Dress, Lulu’s, $38

Match any statement necklace with a simple dark green dress like this one for a fun night out on the town! Show off this shamrock-hued piece and hit the streets feeling festive and stylish!

2) Irish Brunch

Vintage Green Wool Pea coat, Etsy, $50

Going out for a traditional Irish brunch or some afternoon mojitos? Here’s a daytime look that has the perfect amount of green. Match a cream blouse, ripped jeans, and a simple pair of nude heels with a pea coat like this one in kelly green. Feel free to accessorize with an emerald neckpiece and tinted shades.

3) Classy in Class

Colorblock Sweater-tunic, J. Crew, $59.99

Vintage Polka Dot Blouse, RoseGal, $14.73

Just because you can’t make it to the parade this year because of school, doesn’t mean you can’t dress the part! Rock a sweater in your favorite shade of green over a printed blouse and feel free to accessorize as much as you want. This look is appropriate for class but also shows your support for the holiday.

4) Casually Green

Teal Purl-knit Sweater, H&M, $17.95

Whether you’re spending the day inside with friends or celebrating out on the streets, here is a comfortable look that will have you looking cute and keep you cozy. An infinity scarf is the perfect accessory to any outfit. Match your favorite scarf with a hunter or forest green long sleeve and a casual pair of jeans. 

Hello beauties. My name is Katie and I am a Journalism major at Hofstra University. I love to express myself in a way that allows others to get to know a little bit more about me! Sharing my creativity and new ideas with the world is something that I hope to pursue each and every day. After all, what is life without expression, creation, and imagination? I love discussing beauty-related topics such as makeup, skin care, and hair, as well as showing you guys how to complete fun and easy DIY projects! So, if I'm not cuddled up with my dog, exploring the City, or munching on some chocolate macarons, you can definitely find me here, writing my heart away. 
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!