Holiday Gift Guide: Swiftie Edition

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

2023 has been one of the biggest years for singer-songwriter Taylor Swift. Swift has been named Times Person of the Year, has been named Spotify’s Artist of the Year, has embarked on one of the highest-grossing international tours to exist, and has broken box office records with the film Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour. 

The astronomical fame Swift has accumulated throughout her seventeen-year-long career comes with an army of devoted fans. When gift shopping for any Swiftie-loved-ones, refer to this gift guide to make them the cutest gift basket they’ve ever received.

cardigan

A Swiftie will put this gift on and it will certainly be their favorite. Buying cardigans from Swift’s official merch site is almost impossible since they sell out in seconds. Luckily, small businesses make nearly identical dupes of the original folklore cardigan or fan-made designs for every era. 

Candle

Candle’s are a great cozy gift, especially when they’re paired with a warm cardigan. What is even better than a regular candle is a Taylor Swift themed candle. Small businesses are yet again are the perfect place to find a candle that represents a Swifite’s favorite song, era, or lyric. There are even candle’s that smell like the Eras Tour experience.

mug with tea/coffee

Adding onto the cozy theme, a mug would be a useful gift for a Swiftie. When they’re up at late hours of the night analyzing easter eggs and cryptic messages planted by Swift herself, they can sip on a caffeinated beverage of their choice in not just any mug but an on theme Taylor Swift mug. Either a pound of coffee or a box of tea bags would pair well with the mug. Chai would arguably pair the best since Swift is known for her famous chai sugar cookie recipe.

Friendship Bracelets

Whether they are home-made or bought online, friendship bracelets are a sentimental gift that a Swiftie is guaranteed to love. Swifties began exchanging friendship bracelets at the beginning of the Eras Tour due to the lyric “So make the friendship bracelets/Take the moment and taste it/You’ve got no reason to be afraid,” from the Midnight’s song “You’re on Your Own Kid.” Friendship bracelet’s even played a part in the beginning of Swift’s current relationship with NFL star Travis Kelce.

INitial Necklace

If the Swiftie who is being shopped for is a significant other, an initial necklace with their partner’s initial on it is another great addition to the These lyrics from “Call It What You Want” which is a Reputation track are, “I want to wear his initial on a chain ’round my neck./Chain ’round my neck./Not because he owns me/But ’cause he really knows me.” The subtle allusion to Swift’s discography and the sentiment behind an initial necklace will make the Swiftie recipient ecstatic this Holiday season.

Vinyl/Cd

An obvious yet reliable gift choice for any music lover is either a vinyl or CD of an album they love. Giving a Swiftie a copy of their favorite album, whether they do not own it yet or they don’t own a certain variant they want, is a great gift idea. However, make sure not to purchase Swift’s stolen music; purchase Taylor’s Version re-recordings only!

Tote bag

Tote bags are still very trendy as they have been in style for a few years now. A canvas tote bag is a cute yet casual fashion statement that usually has some sort of graphic design on the sides of the bag. One bag online says, “Karma is a cat” which is a lyric from Midnight’s song “Karma.” Furthermore, the bag being cat-themed is fitting since Swift and most of her fans love cats in general, but they especially love her cats.

book

If the Swifite who is being shopped for enjoys reading, a book can be a smart way to incorporate into their dedicated Swiftie statues with their love for literature. For every era, the article “10 Books for Taylor Swift’s 10 Eras” links a book that coincides with both the aesthetics and the meanings of the era. Pick the Swifties favorite era and see if they’d enjoy reading the book they were referred to.

Sweet treat

Swift has an abundance of gut-wrenching tracks in her discography; “This is Me Trying”, “Tolerate it”, “All Too Well (10 Minute Version)(Taylor’s Version)(From The Vault)”, and “Dear John” are a few of Swift’s songs that fit into this category. Include a Swiftie’s favorite sweet treat in their gift basket to provide them some comfort while they sob to their top favorite Swift sad-girl anthem.

Gift shopping this year should go swift-ly with the help of this gift guide. Hopefully these gift ideas inspired original gift ideas as well in order to make the best gift basket in a Swiftie’s wildest dreams!

Brooke is a junior English Major at Hofstra University. She loves creative writing, attending concerts and browsing bookstores for new reads.