Holiday Fun on Long Island

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Finals week is never a collegiette’s favorite time of year.

Pull yourself together girl! The holidays are almost here!

Take a well-deserved break and enjoy the most wonderful time of the year on Long Island.

1.     Ice-skating at EAB Plaza.

Lace up and go for a spin with your friends at the EAB Plaza, conveniently located just down the turnpike from Hofstra. Time to channel your inner ‘Ice Princess.’

2.     Drive thru the Holiday Lights Spectacular at Jones Beach

A childhood staple of mine. The Spectacular had been suspended for the last few years but it’s back this season and better than ever! Sync your car radio up with the lights for a stunning display of holiday cheer. Even the most curmudgeonly Grinch will be singing along.

3.     Chop down your own Christmas Tree

Whose dorm couldn’t use a little holiday spruce? Long Island has a ton of cut-your-own-tree farms, like this one in Huntington.

4.     Check out the Trans-Siberian Orchestra at the Nassau Coliseum

Forget about Santa (for now), TSO is coming to town December 18th!  Christmas time is the best time to rock on!  Tickets available here.

5.     Do something good!

The real joy of the holiday season is giving.

Brianna is a proud Long Islander finishing her graduate journalism degree here at Hofstra. The East Meadow native wears many hats on campus, including Assistant News Director at WRHU, Grad Assistant at the Center for Civic Engagement and of course Treasurer here at Her Campus Hofstra! Brianna is currently interning at Fox News. But until she can go set the journalism world on fire, she’ll just have to settle for planning adventures abroad, binge watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix and commiserating about her beloved New York Jets. Follow her on Twitter at @BriannaBorresen!
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!