This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

When: Saturday, October 8, 2016

Where: Intramural Fields, North Campus

Why: Tonight Hofstra University hosted their annual Fall Festival during Family Weekend. With the excitement of the previous Presidential Debate that was hosted by Hofstra beginning to subside, students had something else to look forward to. The weekend began on Friday and continues into the late afternoon on Sunday. Fall Fest is a carnival and concert free of charge to all Hofstra students. In previous years, the carnival has hosted Ke$ha, Snoop Dogg, and Rick Ross. This Saturday, headliner, and millennial favorite, Fetty Wap performed live. Exciting rides, intricate parade floats and delicious food trucks filled the North Side of campus for the day. Saturday was another beautiful day on campus, with minimal rain. Immediately following the concert at 7:00, Grucci lit up the sky with an incredible firework show for all festival attendees. With the family and friends of Hofstra students joining us on campus this weekend the energy level was high and positive. With the assistance of many departments of the university, this weekend was be a joy-filled, philly-cheesesteak eating weekend with great music, friends and family, making it the best way to kick off the fall for Hofstra students!

Taylor is a Junior at Hofstra University, majoring in Journalism and double minoring in English and Political Science. Hofstra is the third college she has attended and she plans on it being her last! She is a self-proclaimed cupcake connoisseur and Netflix enthusiast. She can often be found in a mountain of pillows, sipping hot tea or obsessing over how cute her dog is. If she isn't cocooned in blankets, she is probably at the softball field or sitting on a beach somewhere. Taylor is an aspiring writer and editor, and although she isn't exactly sure where she will be after college she hopes to one day work for a magazine and publish children's books.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.