This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

One of the most talked about communications clubs on campus this year is Hofstra’s Pride Productions. Founded in 2013, this club produces live online broadcasts of select Hofstra events, including NCAA Division I athletics, according to their website. The broadcasts are run completely by Hofstra students, who serve as directors, technical directors, camera crew, and graphics and replay operators. The club provides students with an outlet to work on their broadcast journalism skills and has become a major part of the School of Communication.

Emily Sauchelli, freshman at Hofstra University, is currently a member of Hofstra’s Pride Productions. “Getting used to the whole college routine, I am trying to be cautious about not getting involved in more than I can chew. Pride Productions gives me the flexibility I need so I don’t feel overwhelmed with a lot to take on,” she said, “It’s a great way to get involved.”

The Pride Productions schedule of broadcasts is sent out at the beginning of each month and participating students are able to sign up for which day works for them and what position they would like to take on the crew. Sauchelli has had the opportunity to participate in three broadcasts and claims to love the training she is receiving.

Other students at Hofstra have also shown a love for their experiences as a part of Pride Productions Crew.  Freshman Danielle Zulkosky said, “I think that Pride Productions is great because students are able to get real hands on experience. They accept any students that want to join and will train any student no matter the skill level they are at.”

Antonio Grillo, Hofstra University sophomore, said, “Being a part of pride productions is a great learning experience. College students want to learn the necessary skills of their profession and I feel Pride Productions gives students that opportunity.” Grillo is a journalism major, planning to pursue a career in sports broadcasting. His dream is to be on ESPN.

“I have learned so much about the camera and how to shoot professionally,” Sauchelli added, “It has been a great experience thus far and I encourage all my fellow communication students to give it a try.”

If you are interested in becoming a part of Hofstra’s Pride Productions, you can visit their website and click on the “Join the Team!” link that is provided. You can also contact Kerri Schreiber, graduate Assistant of Pride Productions at kschre4@pride.hofstra.edu.

I am a freshman at Hofstra University. I am from Long Island, NY and I am a broadcast journalism major. I am an avid photographer, traveler, artist and writer.
Just a college girl with a love of all animals, delicious food and *super* sappy love stories. You can probably find me in bed binge-watching crime shows on Netflix with a tub of Ben & Jerry's on hand. Phish Food, of course!HCHofstra Social Media Editor (Twitter) and Contributing Writer. Web Intern at Cosmopolitan.com, prev. Web and Features Intern at Marie Claire and The Fashion Foot.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.