This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

There are so many amazing movies coming out soon, and you shouldn’t miss a single one. Below are the most highly-anticipated movies and everything you need to know about them.

Bohemian Rhapsody – November 2

This biopic celebrates the life and legacy of Queen’s Freddy Mercury (played by Rami Malek). The movie follows the rise of Queen and how they became revolutionary with their music. Freddy defied stereotypes and pushed boundaries and is certainly a role model for many people to this day. This movie is sure to be a big hit. 

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald – November 16

The evil Grindelwald plans to raise pure-blood wizards to rule over non-magical beings. Albus Dumbledore, in an attempt to thwart Grindelwald’s plan, recruits Newt Scamander for help. It is sure to be dangerous, exciting, and adventurous, much like the first one. 

Ralph Breaks the Internet – November 21

Disney’s Sequel to Wreck it Ralph follows Ralph and Vanellope on an adventure to recover a spare part to fix a video game. The best part? All of the Disney princesses will be making an appearance!

Mary Poppins Returns – December 19

Who didn’t love the original Mary Poppins? Now, Mary Poppins returns to Jane and Michael in Depression-era London to instill the childlike spirit that the Banks’ once possessed. The lovely Emily Blunt stars as Mary Poppins and Lin Manuel-Miranda as Jack. Not to mention the rest of the star-studded cast: Angela Lansbury, Meryl Streep, Colin Firth and let’s not forget, the return of Dick Van Dike! So far, no Julie Andrews, but we’re all hoping she makes a surprise appearance!

On the Basis of Sex – December 25

This biopic on Ruth Bader Ginsburg (played by Felicity Jones) highlights her struggles and triumphs as she brings the the groundbreaking gender discrimination case to the Supreme Court. 

Rocketman – May 31

While this one isn’t coming soon, it has already generated so much buzz. We have yet another biopic, this time on the legendary Elton John (played by Taron Egerton) and his journey to stardom. It’s epic, it’s uncensored, it’s shocking, and Taron Egerton’s voice is sure to make you swoon.

Those are just a few of all the highly-anticipated movies set to come out in the next couple of months! Get your movie tickets, your popcorn, and enjoy!

Gabby is a Video/Television student at Hofstra University. She loves comedy and hopes to write and produce her own sitcom someday.