Amelia Kramer-Laughing Group Of Girls In Front Of Purple Mural
Amelia Kramer / Her Campus
Life > Experiences

Here are 3 Virtual Things You Can Do With Your Friends During Quarantine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

While we all practice social distancing right now in order to protect public health, we have a lot more time alone on our hands. It may feel difficult to maintain connections with friends and loved ones when you can’t see them in person. It’s not impossible, though: here are 3 virtual things you can do online with your friends while we all remain separated. 

Have an Online Movie Night

Grab the popcorn, your favorite candy, and your laptop to watch a movie or TV show with your friends! You can download the Netflix Party browser extension here, which allows you to watch Netflix remotely with multiple other people.  

Work Out Together 

It is important to remain active and healthy during this difficult time, and exercising with friends is always more fun! Use FaceTime to try out a new workout with a friend, or even take them with you while you go on a walk around your neighborhood!

Have an Online Lunch or Dinner Date

Though most restaurants are closed due to the outbreak of COVID-19, that doesn’t mean you can’t have food with your friends! Using FaceTime or Zoom, you can see all of your friends’ faces and chit-chat while eating your favorite food. 

It’s okay to feel isolated from your friends during this unprecedented time of social distancing, but utilizing technology in order to connect will make this time fly by!

Antonia is a sophomore at Hofstra University studying political science and global studies. She is passionate about social justice and human rights, and hopes to work in public interest law in the future.