This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Milani Ultrafine Liquid Eye Liner

Milani’s Ultrafine Liquid Eye Liner is an easy to use and affordable product. One of my favorite things about the liner is how easy it is to apply, which is often an issue that I have with other upper-eye liners. To use the product, you unscrew the cap and pull out the long, thin brush. The tip of it is thin, which makes lining the edge of your eyelid, as well as shaping the liner, simple.

The color I used was Black Gems, which is basically a glittered black. Although I usually am not a fan of sparkles or glittery beauty products, I didn’t mind this one. I didn’t find it to look too young or overly dramatic, which sometimes can be the case with glitter products. Instead, it lightened out the black coloring and gave it a shimmer. Because it’s lighter than black liner, you may need to run over the line that you create a few times to make the color stand out.

I will admit: it isn’t very sleek looking. It can look a bit dried out, but, overall, it gets the job done. Let’s be honest, how many people really examine your eyeliner up close anyway?

The liner doesn’t take long to dry after you apply it, but you do need to give is a few seconds before opening your eyes. It does smudge easily, especially in the crease of your eyelid.

Once it’s dry, it will stay on for hours. It feels light and comfortable and did not cause any irritation on my eyelids… until I took it off. The liner chips and flakes, so you’ll definitely need to into scrub hard to get it off. But I guess that’s the price you pay for putting on a long-lasting product.

It only costs about $6-8 at a drugstore, so it’s definitely worth testing out, especially because of how easy it is to apply. It’s perfect for those days when you don’t want to keep wiping your make up off and reapplying every time you make a mistake with your liner. 

All and all, it’s not something I would wear every day, but it’s a nice, affordable eyeliner that’s perfect for dressing up your eyes for a night out with friends. I would definitely consider rebuying this product in the black shade, which Milani has titled Black Vinyl. It’s perfect for those who like wearing makeup, but don’t like spending a lot of money on products.  

Brianna Ciniglio

Applying eyeliner is definitely a skill if you think about it. Nobody is good at it overnight, it takes practice…and a good quality liner with a smooth applicator doesn’t hurt either. Unfortunately this liner is not it.

I decided to experiment with the Milani Ultrafine Liquid Eye Liner in emerald glisten. Green is my favorite color, and I love pigment, so that isn’t the problem for me when I use this liner. My issue is with the application. This Ultrafine Liquid liner does not go on as evenly as I had expected it to, especially because of its name. Liquid liner is supposed to glide on, but this one does not. Although, the liner does not apply easily, the color is beautiful. The emerald glisten shade is beautiful and doesn’t have too much sparkle, which makes it versatile. It stays on throughout the day once applied and doesn’t smudge. I wouldn’t recommend this product if you aren’t skilled at applying eyeliner, but the color is beautiful and I would say yes to give it a try.

Stephanie Yanok

Milani Brillirant Shine Lip Gloss

This week I tried out the Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss in ravish raspberry by Milani. Usually I stay away from lip gloss. I think of lip gloss as outdated. In my experience, it doesn’t have much pigment and always feels sticky, but I volunteered to try this one out to write a review. My end verdict?… I love it!

First of all it smells great, which is always a plus for me when I’m using any product on my lips. The color I have, ravish raspberry, goes on as a deep pink, close to magenta. Because it is a gloss, the color isn’t very intense, but it isn’t sheer either, which is another win for this product. The Milani Brilliant Shine gloss isn’t gooey or heavy, and it isn’t super shiny. The applicator is soft and always spreads evenly.

Overall, I would say ravish raspberry is a good product and I would definitely recommend it (for gloss lovers).

Stephanie Yanok

Journalism and English: Publishing major at Hofstra University, Class of 2017
Public Relations M.A. student attending Hofstra University. 23
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.