Her Campus Hofstra Haul: March Skin Care Favorites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Why should lather, rinse, repeat be a phrase we use only when it comes to our hair regimen? Developing a routine when it comes to skin-care is important for anyone who desires a smooth face that looks and feels great. Once you know your skin type, it’ll be that much easier to search for products that work for you.

No matter what category of skin you fall under (oily, dry, combination?) – Her Campus Hofstra is back with another haul to let you know what affordable, quality products are out there to take your skin from flushed to flawless.

1. Neutrogena Hydrating Makeup Remover Towelettes

$6.29, Target

The most important skin-care tip that every girl should know is taking off your makeup before bed. Getting a good night’s rest doesn’t merely do wonders for your body, but your skin as well. What ever blemishes or redness you may have during the day, your skin will naturally repair itself overnight. Since you need to let your pores breathe, it’s super important to free them from any leftover powder or foundation.

Neutrogena’s Hydrating Makeup Remover Towelettes are a top favorite for this month and every month! With just one wipe, you’ll dissolve all traces of dirt, oil and makeup from your face. The best thing about the cloths is that they won’t dry out your skin, instead they’ll leave a soothed, soft and hydrating feeling.

2. Dermalogica Skin-care Products

Dermalogica.com

For this March favorite, we decided to go with the Dermalogica brand as a whole since all of their products are great quality and super effective.

The special cleansing gel is a soap-free, foaming gel that works to remove impurities on all skin conditions. In just one week using the cleansing gel, you will have smooth and more even looking skin. This product is especially good for those who are susceptible to beneath-the-skin breakouts as a result of clogged pores due to sweating after exercise.

The cleansers as well as toners and scrubs that this brand provides are worth the purchase because they aren’t just a temporary fix for problem skin – they’ll leave you with long-lasting results.

3. Oatifix Fresh Face Mask by LUSH

$7.95, LUSH

If you do a haul without at least one LUSH product is it really even a haul?

LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics have a wide variety of all natural, cruelty-free products that smell great and do wonders for your skin. Well, since we’re on the topic of smells (kind of), the Oatifix face mask will have your nose and skin screaming thank you (seriously, it smells so damn good).

For those of you with irritated skin, the Oatifix mask uses calming oats, softening mashed banana and ground almonds to slough away flaky skin. This product is great to calm down redness and skin that has been feeling tight and dry after a day in the sun.

One more plus about LUSH’s face masks, if you save three empty pots from any bought product and return them to the store, they’ll give you a face mask for free! So, if you splurge on the Oatifix mask now, you just may be able to steal another later. 

4. Intensive Exfoliating Treatments by Kate Somerville 

$24, Sephora

This Exfoliating Treatment has an expert formula that combats acne, blackheads, reduces discoloration and polishes skin for a smooth complexion. By utilizing fruit enzymes, Kate’s product will work into your skin to eliminate bacteria and remove dead cells.

Who needs to spend loads on a facial when the ExfoliKate can do all the work for you in under five minutes?

5. Vaseline Intensive Care Body Lotion in Cocoa Radiant

$5.99, Walmart

When it comes to skin-care, it’s crucial to look for products that work wonders on your body just as much as your face. Moisturizing our bodies daily is how we nourish and replenish our skin. Vaseline has a great line of intensive care body lotions that work to heal dry parts of the body to reveal its natural glow.

This cocoa butter infused lotion will help soothe sensitive skin and even make the appearance of scratches and stretch marks lighter. Her Campus Hofstra’s beauty gurus recommend using this product right after the shower!

6. Tea Tree Oil Skin Clearing Face Toner  

$14, The Body Shop

Looking for a brand that uses natural ingredients from around the world and is affordable? Then let The Body Shop be your holy grail for all things skin-care related.

TBS’s tea tree skin clearing toner is a product that you will always go back to because of its effectiveness and immediate results. Simply squeeze a small amount of the liquid onto a cotton pad and smooth it all over your skin in small circular motions. The formula within the toner helps to give the skin a matte, shine-free finish that will also work toward preventing acne from resurfacing on the skin.

7. COOLA Tinted Matte SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen

$36, Sephora

Whether it’s spring, winter or summer, it’s crucial to wear sunscreen whenever you’re spending a day outside. Don’t let days with a cool breeze fool you because even when the wind brings a chill, the sun’s rays are still as strong as ever.

This mineral sunscreen by COOLA is a must-have product because you can wear it on any occasion – underneath makeup, by itself, to the beach, to class… the list goes on! This sunscreen is so great because it also acts as a natural BB cream. Apply a small amount to your hands and work the creamy, light-weight product into your skin for flawless results. With it’s matte effect, COOLA’s mineral sunscreen will blur your pores and protect you from the sun all at once.

Well, that’s it for this month’s Her Campus Hofstra Haul. Make sure to search for these products now to keep your skin looking healthy and ready to take on the warmer months to come. Stay tuned for the next haul that will be sure to feature more products related to all things beauty!  

Hello beauties. My name is Katie and I am a Journalism major at Hofstra University. I love to express myself in a way that allows others to get to know a little bit more about me! Sharing my creativity and new ideas with the world is something that I hope to pursue each and every day. After all, what is life without expression, creation, and imagination? I love discussing beauty-related topics such as makeup, skin care, and hair, as well as showing you guys how to complete fun and easy DIY projects! So, if I'm not cuddled up with my dog, exploring the City, or munching on some chocolate macarons, you can definitely find me here, writing my heart away. 
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.