Her Campus Hofstra Haul: February Favorites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

With February coming to an abrupt end, it’s important to note what beauty products to leave in the winter, and which ones to bring along into the spring.

Starting this month, Her Campus Hofstra will be crafting monthly haul’s for all of the beauty lovers out there that want to stay up to date on the top trends and trades for the season. As spring 2016 draws closer and closer, exploring new products in hair, skin and nails is a definite must!

So, be sure to fill up your bag with only the best products from February with Her Campus Hofstra’s Top 10 Beauty Favorites for the month.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Pressed Powder Foundation

$11, CVS

When it comes to looking good and being on time for class, finding products that are easy to apply can be quite the task.

Neutrogena’s Healthy Skin Pressed Powder Foundation is a must-have beauty product for 2016 because it provides flawless, natural-looking coverage in under a minute! With a formula that contains Pro-Vitamin B5, this powder will actually help soften and condition skin to minimize fine lines and imperfections. Available in 4 natural shades, this product is perfect for your skin year-round.

Benefit’s Hoola Matte Bronzer

$29, Ulta

Since summer is all about shimmer and shine, matte shades make their biggest debut in the winter months. However, what’s great about Benefit’s Hoola Matte Bronzer you may ask? You can use this product from February all the way through to August!

Complete with a soft, natural-bristle cheek brush, it delivers a pure matte color that’ll provide an even, tan tint to flatter any and all skintones.

GLAMGLOW ‘SUPERMUD’ Clearing Treatment

$69, Sephora

Winner of Elle Magazine’s International Beauty Awards, the GlamGlow Face Mud Mask is known as the ‘facial in a jar’ for its immediate results in replenishing skin.

The mask, which can also be used as an overnight spot treatment, works wonders in just 10 minutes to diminish redness, smooth skin and unclog pores. By using this product just once or twice a week, your skin will look noticeably clearer, brighter and better than ever!

Morgan Taylor Nail Lacquer

$8.50, morgantaylorlacquer.com

Let’s be honest, in college no one has time to wait for their nails to dry when there are a million other things to be done. Morgan Taylor’s Nail Lacquer, and one of Cosmopolitan Magazine’s $10, Tops Beauty selections for 2016, is a quick-dry polish that will leave your nails streak free!

At just under $9, work your way into spring with pastel shades like pink, tan and white.

Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil Light

$48, josiemarancosmetics.com

Change up your facial regimen during the colder months with facial oils that work to repair damaged skin. According to Seventeen Magazine, “The reason that argan is everywhere is because it is a multitasker that protects and moisturizes. It can even be used on cuticles, rough skin and split ends.”

Josie Maran’s 100% Pure Argan Oil is packed with Vitamin E and essential fatty acids that help to deeply hydrate and nourish skin for a youthful-looking complexion. Mix in a drop or two with your favorite moisturizer for for quick, overnight results.

Victoria’s Secret Flavored Gloss

$10, Victoria’s Secret

This new line of flavored lip glosses by Victoria’s Secret might be the best thing that has happened to the brand since the beginning of their 7 for $27 panty sale.

With flavors like Sweet Sangria, Very Blackberry and Sugared Watermelon, you’ll love the look and the taste of these lip candies. And so, in the words of Lil Mama, let your  “lip gloss be popping.”

LUSH No Drought Dry Shampoo

$7.95, LUSH Cosmetics

Fighting the urge to wash your hair everyday is a struggle that even the best of us go through. Between oily hair and dry scalp, ‘shampoo, condition, repeat’ becomes a daily task on the to-do list for most people. However, with the right dry shampoo, anyone can turn their haircare routine into an every-other day affair.

LUSH’s No Drought dry shampoo is complete with grapefruit and lime oil-absorbing powders to refresh your hair without water. By massaging a little into your scalp and through your hair, you’ll be left with a clean look, oil-free!

Biore Free Your Pores Scrubs

$5.99, Target

Worried you’ll never get rid of those blackheads around your t-zone? Or that breakout that clings to the same spot on your face each time? Well have no fear, Biore’s Free Your Powers Scrubs are here!

By targeting deep-down dirt and oil, Biore’s line of cleansers are enriched with exclusive formulas that not only treat blemishes, but help prevent new ones from forming over time. This product is great to use both in the morning and at night.

Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette

$9.99, Target

Every February, blush tones make a comeback on the cheeks and eyelids of every hopeless romantic.  Maybelline’s newest 12-shade shadow collection is a must have when it comes to getting ready for a date night.

Infused with rose gold pigments, you can create infinite sensuous looks for just under $10! After rocking these bold shades, your eyes won’t be the only thing that’s blushed in the room.

LORAC Multiplex 3D Lashes

$22, loraccosemtics.com

Last, but definitely not least, is a mascara that will extend your lashes to lengths you’ve never though possible!

Take your lashes from 1-Dimensional to 3-Dimensional with LORAC Mutliplex 3D Lashes. This volumizing and thickening mascara grabs and lifts curls for maximum length. Since it is super buildable, feel free to apply 2 to 3 coats for a beautiful, smudge-free look!

So, what do you think? Which products are you ready to give a try? Stay tuned for more favorites in next month’s haul! 

Hello beauties. My name is Katie and I am a Journalism major at Hofstra University. I love to express myself in a way that allows others to get to know a little bit more about me! Sharing my creativity and new ideas with the world is something that I hope to pursue each and every day. After all, what is life without expression, creation, and imagination? I love discussing beauty-related topics such as makeup, skin care, and hair, as well as showing you guys how to complete fun and easy DIY projects! So, if I'm not cuddled up with my dog, exploring the City, or munching on some chocolate macarons, you can definitely find me here, writing my heart away. 
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.