HC Hofstra’s Top 10 Kate Middleton Style Moments

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Flashback to six years ago, on April 29th, when Kate Middleton walked down the aisle to marry her real-life Prince Charming. In that moment, the Duchess of Cambridge became a fashion sensation and to this day, she never disappoints. In honor of Will and Kate’s six-year wedding anniversary, here are our top ten Kate Middleton style moments.

A Vision in White

After months of anticipation, Kate wowed the world when she arrived at Westminster Abbey in this Alexander McQueen masterpiece. A modern-day twist on Grace Kelly’s classic wedding dress, the first glance of this dress was worth the wait.

Polka Dots & A Baby

Kate stepped out just hours after giving birth to Prince George in this polka-dotted Jenny Packham dress. With minimal makeup, Kate was glowing as she showed off her newborn baby.

Princess Charlotte’s Christening

Her wedding wasn’t the only day she stunned in a white Alexander McQueen piece. Kate gave us vintage vibes as she pushed baby Charlotte in an old-school stroller. And as if we didn’t have enough reasons to love her, she also styled her own hair and makeup for the day.

A Yellow 1940s Inspired Look in Canada

All eyes were on Kate when she rocked this yellow number during the Canadian tour. Basically, she’s a real-life Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Also, let’s just take a moment to appreciate Kate’s favorite L.K. Bennett nude pumps that we want to steal.

Royal Blue for a Stunning Royal

Kate debuted a new ‘do in Scotland, where she is known as Countess of Strathearn. This royal blue coat by designer Christopher Kane made Kate look like anything but a commoner.

The Modern-Day Jackie O

Jackie O or Kate Middleton? Honestly, we are still having trouble trying to decide. Nevertheless, it’s rare that a modern-day style icon can pull off such an iconic look, but, of course, Kate did it effortlessly.

Double Kate

Pun intended. Kate Middleton + Kate Spade = a match made in heaven. Kate gave us all the heart eyes when she stepped out in this gorgeous floral dress from Kate Spade.

Classic Black & White

On a visit to New York, Kate gave us major closet envy when she arrived in this spectacular coat. The clean lines and her gorgeous hair made this an instant iconic look.

Gold Medal for Style

Kate was our gold medalist during the 2012 London Summer Olympics. Not only can she dress-up, but this princess can also rock any everyday outfit. Hello, athleisure wear!

Glowing to the Gods

Kate outshined all the stars when she attended a film premiere in 2016– literally. Not one to shy away from recycling outfits, she re-wore this rose sequin dress by, you guessed it, Jenny Packham, and gave us all the sparkly feels.

Abby is a senior journalism major and writing studies minor at Hofstra University. At Her Campus Hofstra, she previously held the positions of Vice President and Social Media Director before becoming co-Campus Correspondent. Abby was a social media intern at BeautyRx, a skin care company based in Manhattan, and an editorial intern at Skincare.com, which is owned and operated by L'Oréal Paris.
Sarah Hanlon is a senior at Hofstra University where she is pursuing a major in journalism. She almost always has an iced coffee in her hand, and she's an avid lover of online shopping, reality TV, and New York City. When she’s not researching all things Kate Middleton or reading lifestyle blogs, you can find her binge watching The Bachelor or writing about the latest pop culture, fashion and beauty trends. After college, she hopes to make a career out of her love for TV and style in New York. Follow her on Twitter or Instagram: sarahhanlon_.