Style > Beauty

HC Hofstra’s Guide to All of the Products You *Need* for Spring Break 2019

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Ah, Spring Break… the one week of the year where you forget about any responsibilities you have and simply relax. If you’re traveling anywhere, whether it be with your besties, your family, your S.O., or by yourself (we fully support this), you’re going to need to pack a few beauty essentials to keep your skin looking and feeling fresh AF. All of these picks are coming directly from our team here at HC Hofstra, so you know they’re good.

Photo courtesy of Riccardo Brisciani on Pexels 

Olivia Crowley: “Glossier Cloud Paint, 1000%”

Micaela Erickson: “Fenty Match Stix Shimmer Stick!”  

Yolany Paz: “My go-to foundation for the sun is Tarte’s Amazonian Clay foundation because it has SPF!”

Laramie Knox: “Maybelline’s Volum’ Express The Rocket mascara, the waterproof formula!” 

Paige Strout: “Definitely the Burt’s Bees pomegranate-scented lip balm.” 

Becca Lo Presti: “I use the Garnier Skin Active Soothing Facial Mist with rose water! It’s also vegan, which is cool.”

Sarah Hanlon: “Kopari Coconut Lip Glossy! It’s the best lip balm I’ve ever used.”

Photo courtesy of Artem Bali on Pexels 

My personal must-have for any vacation is a moisturizer with SPF because it is so important to protect your skin from sun exposure. The best, IMO, is the Supergoop Superscreen. And don’t fret all you sun-lovers out there, you can still get a tan while wearing sunscreen. We recommend the Juice Beauty Sport Sunscreen with SPF 30, and if you’re like most people and don’t want to look transparent while on vacation, we recommend the St. Tropez In-Shower Gradual Tan for an easy, sun-free glow.

Madeline is a journalism major at Hofstra University, and is a writer for HC Hofstra. If you're looking for her, you can probably find her at an Anthropologie, the beach, or eating peanut butter out of the jar.