HC Hofstra’s 2017 College Fashion Week Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

It was a night of fashion, free makeup, and countless Instagrams – Her Campus’ College Fashion Week was a collegiette’s dream come true.

Just off the water in Midtown Manhattan, girls lined up around the block to get into Her Campus’ annual fashion show created just for college women.

The trendy Metropolitan West Hall was transformed into a hub of fashion and beauty to show off the hottest trends of the season on the runway, from styles for going out to going to the library. All the clothes, modeled by college girls, were from Primark, a massively popular store from the U.K. that has just begun opening locations in the U.S.

In between the four fashion shows, attendees could sip on a complimentary can of Spindrift sparkling water, get a makeover from Ulta professionals at their hair and beauty bars, or browse through Primark’s dream closet, complete with clothes and home décor that would make every college girl’s dorm dreams come true. 

Instagram backdrops lined the walls, and live music, including a surprise performance by Trinidad Cardona, kept the party going all evening.

As we all left with goodie bags full of Her Campus approved beauty products from Ulta, one thing was clear: CFW gets better and better each year. We can’t wait for next year’s event! 

Sarah Hanlon is a senior at Hofstra University where she is pursuing a major in journalism. She almost always has an iced coffee in her hand, and she's an avid lover of online shopping, reality TV, and New York City. When she’s not researching all things Kate Middleton or reading lifestyle blogs, you can find her binge watching The Bachelor or writing about the latest pop culture, fashion and beauty trends. After college, she hopes to make a career out of her love for TV and style in New York. Follow her on Twitter or Instagram: sarahhanlon_.
Jessica is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Hofstra University's Her Campus Chapter. Jessica, from New Jersey, is a journalism major and psychology minor at Hofstra University. As a dedicated member of her college's Her Campus chapter since her freshman year, she has held the role of staff writer, Snapshot editor, Secretary and now CC. Outside of Her Campus, Jessica's publications include JeannineMorris.com, TheCelebrityCafe.com, FashionWeek.com, The Hofstra Chronicle and the Long Island Report, where she is also a student editor. In her spare time Jessica enjoys being outdoors, camping and hiking, snowboarding in the winter, hitting the Jersey Shore beaches in the summer, working out and spending time with her friends, family, and pets. Check out her fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog at http://Jessie-Leigh.com.