HC Hofstra, Ed 2010 Hofstra and Closet Dash present the “Spring into Summer” Fashion Swap!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Want free clothes?! — Who doesn’t!

From all of us at Her Campus Hofstra and Ed 2010 Hofstra, we are proud to announce the “Spring into Summer” Fashion Swap!

We’re teaming up with New York City fashion boutique ClosetDash to host an event where you can bring in gently used clothes from your own closet and trade them in for free for the clothes other students brought in! It will be a one-to-one swap for clothing items. For instance, if you bring in a shirt, you can swap it for another item of similar value.

You may remember that HC Hofstra featured ClosetDash, the premiere fashion “swap shop” of NYC, earlier this semester as the best strategy to revamp your closet (if not, jog your memory here).

*Bonus*: This event will also count as a charitable effort! If you have some clothes that you’d simply like to donate to charity (without swapping), feel free to drop them off and we will donate them. Jewelry, bags, and shoes can be traded as well.

“Spring into Summer” will be held on Wednesday, May 1st from 6:30-9:30 p.m. in Plaza Room West, Hofstra University. Refreshments will be served and ClosetDash founder, Jennifer Lee, will give a talk on her business vision as well as fashion forward tips for all collegiettes in attendance before the swap party begins. College Fashionistas will also be in attendance scouting unique looks and Lee will be bringing items directly from the ClosetDash inventory for trade; brands like BCBG, Tahari and Theory just to name a few. And the best part—its all free!

How do you prepare for free shopping you ask? All you have to do is join the Facebook group, RSVP on the Eventbrite link here and search your closet for ten tradeable items. The first 50 people to register get a free ClosetDash tote upon arrival to the event. 

Any questions? Just email sidneymadden@hercampus.com or lauren@closetdash.com. See you May 1st, collegiettes!

A Boston girl living in New York, Sidney is a senior at Hofstra University double majoring in journalism and sociology. She's grown to love interviewing and feature writing after interning at  non-profits, Cosmopolitan Magazine, MTV News and the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, NC. She is the Campus Correspondent of HC Hofstra as well as an active member in the Hofstra Association of Black Journalists, Ed2010 Hofstra and the Society of Collegiate Journalists. She loves dancing with her on-campus team, Imani Dance Ensemble, and has an incurable addiction to shoes, Boston sports teams and Japanese barbeque. Follow Sidney on Twitter, @Sid_Madden!