nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Happy World Television Day!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Television is an important part of communication and media. After the first Television Forum was held in 1996, the United Nations General Assembly established November 21st as World Television Day. In celebration of this remarkable source of information and entertainment, here are a few of our favorite shows.

New Girl: Being a young adult female living in an apartment with three other men can be chaotic, but Jess handles it all pretty well. Her quirky cute relationship with Nick is definitely one to watch. FOX, Tuesdays at 8:30pm

The Mindy Project: OBGYN Dr. Mindy Lahiri is a single bachelorette in the city looking for her soul mate, but of course, the hunt won’t be easy. Dr. Castellano, Dr. Prentice (from Happy Endings) and the British Dr. Reed are all along for the crazy ride at Schulman and Associates. FOX, Tuesdays at 9pm

Castle: Who doesn’t love watching a couple try to catch the bad guys in New York City? Detective Kate Beckett and mystery novelist Richard Castle team up on more levels than one to achieve that goal. ABC, Mondays at 10pm

Glee: Love pop mainstream hits? McKinley High’s Glee Club will serenade you along with Kurt, Santana and Rachel as they start their lives out in NYC. Demi Lovato is currently guest starring as Dani! FOX, Thursdays at 9pm

Modern Family: As Zooey Deschanel said at the 65th Emmys, this is a show about an “old dad, a straight dad, and two gay dads.” (Plus Columbian beauty Sofia Vergara.) Join these three dysfunctional families every Wednesday night at 9pm on ABC.

Awkward.: Life isn’t always peachy. Sometimes, for Jenna Hamilton especially, its awkward. Watch her sloppy romance spin out of control as she tries to get through junior year of high school. MTV, Tuesdays at 10:30pm

White Collar: Matt Bomer as forger, thief, and con man Neal Caffrey. Enough said. USA, Thursdays at 9pm

The Carrie Diaries: Sex and the City fans will love The Carrie Diaries, as the series follows Bradshaw’s life as a suburban teenager in the 80s. Her internship at Interview Magazine in NYC is to die for, and so is her fashion sense! CW, Fridays at 8pm

Don’t forget pick up your TV remote today and celebrate television with your favorite shows!

Dana is a Public Media graduate student at Fordham University who started writing for Her Campus as a Hofstra University undergrad several years ago. She is a lover of all things pop culture and entertainment. Follow her @dana_gibbs94 and check out her blog, The Whisper Box: http://thewhisperbox.com.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!