Hairstyles for the Beach

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Ocean water, sun and chlorine – not the best mix for maintaining healthy hair. You can enjoy summer time and keep having cute hair! Here are a few hairstyles to look good while having some fun in the sun!

Messy Bun

Basic, classic, easy to maintain and totally cute. Try double messy buns for a new take on an old look.

French Braid

Get that “summer-camp” look with a French braid, or braids! An added perk, when you take it out your hair will have beachy waves and look super adorable.

Braided Front

This is the cutest look for long hair! You can leave your hair down or add it to a ponytail.

Crazy Color

Grab some Splat or Manic Panic and go crazy with a completely new look. Summer is a great excuse to do something wild and different. Bonus tip: if you only dye the tips of your hair, you can cut it off in the fall.

I'm a senior Theatre Arts Production major at Hofstra University. I'm almost always at rehearsal, reading plays, seeing plays, blogging about plays, or fangirling over plays. My likes include giraffes, Britney Spears, American history and coffee.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.