This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

MAJOR: JOURNALISM

WHAT ARE YOU INVOLVED IN AT HOSTRA?

“I am involved in WRHU and Her Campus. In WRHU I host the Gone Country Show, as well as working in the sports department with The Islanders and the field hockey team. I work on Her Campus on the Executive Board. I love writing articles; I have a weekly fitness article.”

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PART ABOUT BEING A HOFSTRA STUDENT?

“I love the camps and the people on the campus. It is so diverse. I have gone to other schools and they feel like high school. Here, I feel like I am at college living a college life. The people here are great, and the environment is great.”

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PART ABOUT DOING SPORTS FOR WRHU?

“It’s like a little family. I love the people, and it’s a great opportunity. I came to the school mainly because of the radio station. I love the opportunity that we have with The Islanders and I am a big Islanders fan. I think my favorite part, besides the people, is the opportunities that we get.”

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PART ABOUT WRITING FOR HER CAMPUS?

“Writing about topics that not only mean something to me, but other girls can relate to. For example, I wrote an article not too long ago about friends with benefits because I was in a tough position and I knew that that stuff was relevant to other girls. It’s just fun writing articles that people can relate to.”

WHAT INSPRIED YOU TO WRITE A WEEKLY FITNESS COLOUM?

“Last semester I got really into fitness and health. I was never athletic or fit, so I figured I wasn’t the only one, so I started writing about what I was doing. Because I am not athletic, it was like I was starting from the bottom, and I know I am not the only person.

Hey Her Campus! I am Peighton Crawford and I am currently a student at Hofstra University! I am originally from Aurora, Colorado, and I am super excited about living in New York. I am interested in anything from fashion to sports. Twitter: @_peighton_ Instagram: peightoncrawford Blog: peightoncrawford.wordpress.com
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!