Galentine’s Date Ideas for College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

With Valentine’s Day being right around the corner and love being in the air, some of the single girlies may be feeling left out. Whether you’re in a relationship or not, Galentine’s Day parties are always a fun way to catch up with your favorite gal pals. Here are a few fun Galentine’s Day ideas to partake in from the comfort of your college dorm.

MOVIE NIGHT

Movie nights are always fun and super easy for college students. To stay on the Galentine’s Day theme, dress in pink and red pajamas and gather the Valentine’s version of all your favorite snacks. Whether it be pink and red colored candy, spicy chips, or heart shaped chocolates, keep snacks on theme to get in the Galentine’s mood. Pick out one or two of your favorite rom-com classics and get comfy. Valentine’s day themed pillows and blankets are highly encouraged.

BAKE NIGHT

Whether you and your gals like cupcakes, cookies, cake, or muffins, a bake night is the perfect Galentine’s date. Bake a heart shaped hot pink cake or cupid shaped cookies with red icing. Preheat your dorm oven and get ready to bake lots of sweet treats. Decorate your baked goods with pink and red icing, heart shaped sprinkles, or even conversation hearts. Get creative and have fun.

GAME NIGHT

Game night is the perfect opportunity to get to know and bond with your best friends. Pull out the Jenga, Candyland, Uno, and Monopoly for a night full of giggles and competition. For a night of deeper conversation, We’re Not Really Strangers is a great game for bonding and figuring out how well you really know your friends. Feel free to also create your own silly games to mix up the fun.

SELF-CARE NIGHT

What better way to practice self love than a self care night with your girls? Create a playlist of all of your favorite songs to jam out to while you paint each others nails, put on face masks, and create vision boards. Talk about goals and plans you each have and give each other advice. Speak words of affirmation to each other for a great confidence booster and way to show your appreciation for each other.

PAINTING

Painting is the perfect activity to mix entertainment and creativity. Pick up some canvases, paint, and paintbrushes and get artsy. To stay on the Galentine’s Day theme, paint canvases full of hearts or paint something that you love or that makes you feel love. Create paintings with all of your fingerprints in heart shapes and sign your names to have matching Valentine’s Day art pieces.

MAKEOVERS

It’s makeover time! Who doesn’t love the opportunity to get dressed up? Take turns giving each other glamorous Valentine’s themed makeup looks and put on your favorite Valentine’s Day outfits. Once you’re all looking fabulous, grab a camera and have a mini photo shoot together.

However you decide to spend the holiday this year, have fun and make memories. Happy Galentine’s Day!

Denivia Rivera is a current freshman at Hofstra University with a double major in Journalism and Dance. She is from the Bronx, New York and has a passion for writing!