Friday Favorites: 9.30.11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Favorite Hofstra Outfit:
Sabrina Abusova. Philosophy major, minor in Russian and Psychology. Photo by Anna Therese. For more fashion sitings on campus, visit Anna’s fashion blog – lionstyle.tumblr.com.

Favorite Fall Trend: Nude Nails. What I love about this trend is that a high-gloss, nude nail polish looks glamorous with any look! Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Color, Nude Now 230: $7, Walmart.

Favorite Read: If You Have to Cry, Go Outside by Kelly Cutrone. I highly recommend this book for Public Relations majors or for anyone who wants to work in the fashion industry. You can purchase this book for $14.99 at the Hofstra University Bookstore. It’s definitely worth the money!

Favorite On-Campus Food Item: The Mile-High Natural Beef Burger from Bits & Bytes. This burger is topped with melted sharp cheddar, crispy bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, a sweet, tangy BBQ sauce, and a tall stack of crispy onion rings. It will fill you up, I promise! Grab one on your next stop into Bits & Bytes for only $5.55.

Favorite Album: 
Taking Back Sunday’s self-titled album. They performed at the Vibe Live! concert during the Fall Festival this past Saturday and I have been listening to their new album ever since! You can purchase the full album on Itunes for $9.99.

Favorite TV Show: 
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The seventh season just started and the show is better than ever! Catch a new episode every Thursday at 10pm on FX.

Friday Favorites is a new weekly series by Katelyn LaPak which centers on all things fun, fierce and fabulous.

Grace Gavilanes is a rising junior at Hofstra University majoring in English and Journalism. She hopes to pursue a career in Journalism and, eventually, in English Education. Grace is super driven and has many goals that she is positive will be made into reality. This Queens native enjoys drinking bubble tea and dancing in the rain!