Friday Favorites: 5.4.12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Favorite Fashion: Chiffon Dresses. I honestly can’t get enough of this fabric… It is everywhere! But I am especially in love with the dresses. They are so light and so perfect for Summertime! This dress is only $22.80 from Forever 21.

Favorite Club: Hofstra Yoga Club. They are new to campus this year and are having a yoga practice session next Wednesday (May 9th) from 9-10pm in Student Center Room 219. Join them for some relaxing yoga right before finals week!

Favorite Online Craze: Video-blogging. Vlogs are popping up everywhere! It’s a great way to let your followers know who the genius behind your blog is. It’s also a great way to get to know the people who write and post on the blogs you follow. Check out some of our vloggers on the Her Campus Hofstra blog section!

Favorite Read: The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. If there was ever a book that made me cry more than once throughout the whole storyline, it was this book. And it wasn’t bad crying, either, but I did cry…. A lot. I also read this book in one day… ONE DAY. That is how great of a read it was. I don’t want to give any of it away, but I promise that it is an amazing book with a story that you will never forget. Grab it on Amazon.com!

Favorite Celebrity Crush: Bethenny Frankel. She was featured on The View this past week (and I always catch a glimpse of her reality show Bethenny Ever After while I am on the treadmill at the Fitness Center) and she has really inspired me. She is the creator of the Skinnygirl product line and a NY Times bestselling author. She is a perfect example of a strong, hardworking woman in our society today, and I look up to her for that. Check out her product line here.

Grace Gavilanes is a rising junior at Hofstra University majoring in English and Journalism. She hopes to pursue a career in Journalism and, eventually, in English Education. Grace is super driven and has many goals that she is positive will be made into reality. This Queens native enjoys drinking bubble tea and dancing in the rain!