Friday Favorites: 4.20.12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Favorite Drink:
 Iced Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks. I could probably drink a whole gallon of this stuff if they sold it to me. It’s cool and refreshing and I also get my early-morning caffeine kick from it. It’s available at both Café on the Quad and Starbucks in the Student Center.

Favorite Fashion Item: Vintage Cream Bustier. Pair it with high-waisted shorts or a skirt and you have the perfect flirty, daytime outfit. They look so chic! Check out EtsyEbay, or any local thrift stores for a bargain!

Favorite App: Kindle (App for Mac). I have recently picked up reading as a daily hobby of mine and I was so excited to find out that the Kindle app in the Mac App Store is free! My parents share a Kindle at home and with this app, I can also read any of the books that they have downloaded to read. How awesome is that? I also have the option of purchasing new books for the Kindle app, if I desire to.

Favorite Shoes:
 Transparent Pumps by Marc Jacobs.

Favorite Quote: “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default.” – JK Rowling

Grace Gavilanes is a rising junior at Hofstra University majoring in English and Journalism. She hopes to pursue a career in Journalism and, eventually, in English Education. Grace is super driven and has many goals that she is positive will be made into reality. This Queens native enjoys drinking bubble tea and dancing in the rain!