Friday Favorites: 3.9.12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Favorite Trend:
 Floral Jeans. I spotted these while scrolling through my Tumblr dashboard and I instantly fell in love. Definitely throwing a pair of these onto my Spring wish list!

Favorite Website: Ratemyprofessor.com. Fall registration is coming up fast! I don’t know about you guys, but I like to make sure that all of my professors are of good quality and that I will actually be learning something during the class. Check out the site, look up your professors, and plan out your schedule for next semester – it’s extremely helpful!

Favorite Hairstyling Product: Aussie Mega Hairspray: Flexible Hold. My hair is naturally very relaxed so it usually takes a lot of product to keep my hair wavy or curly. I went through so many different styling products and hairsprays just so that I could find the perfect one. Well, I finally found it! Aussie’s Mega Hairspray keeps my hair in perfect curls all day without making them feel crunchy or stiff. I even tested out the hairspray on my friend Lauren, who has thinner hair than I do, and it worked perfectly for her as well! 

Favorite Cause:
 Relay for Life. The American Cancer Society’s 2012 Relay for Life is coming to Hofstra on April 28th! Sign up for a team at relayforlife.org or make a donation to The Stuyvesant Hall team here!

Favorite App: Draw Something. If you hate being distracted or have no time on your hands, don’t get this app. It’s addicting. I sit in class, completely distracted, and draw pictures of Uranus, omelets, and Brad Pitt for my friends to guess. I currently have about 20 games going. The really horrible thing about this game is that it’s available for both Androids and iPhones…More people = more distractions. But hey, if you have the time, go for it! 

Grace Gavilanes is a rising junior at Hofstra University majoring in English and Journalism. She hopes to pursue a career in Journalism and, eventually, in English Education. Grace is super driven and has many goals that she is positive will be made into reality. This Queens native enjoys drinking bubble tea and dancing in the rain!